Veigars' Passive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFunEndsMEOW

10-17-2012

I play Veigar alot. Even bought Superb Villain.

Now I don't build him with any Mana Regen because there are better items to have.

Even then, early game I will run out of mana as I would with any other champion, although I don't just fire off Dark Matters and such, but the passive doesn't have any impact on my mana pool. And Late game, I'm never without mana, because the pool grows and evens out with spell costs, or at least I feel it does. There are other factors to be seen with this like Q farming and only using other spells during team fights, which results in me either recalling to buy or waiting to respawn.

I feel that his Passive is not something that benefits Veigar very well, perhaps an increase in the mana regen granted or something else entirely? He's a great champion with an awesome skill set, but his passive really seems out of place. : \

Invictrix

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Over Troll View Post
I play Veigar alot. Even bought Superb Villain.

Now I don't build him with any Mana Regen because there are better items to have.

Even then, early game I will run out of mana as I would with any other champion, although I don't just fire off Dark Matters and such, but the passive doesn't have any impact on my mana pool. And Late game, I'm never without mana, because the pool grows and evens out with spell costs, or at least I feel it does. There are other factors to be seen with this like Q farming and only using other spells during team fights, which results in me either recalling to buy or waiting to respawn.

I feel that his Passive is not something that benefits Veigar very well, perhaps an increase in the mana regen granted or something else entirely? He's a great champion with an awesome skill set, but his passive really seems out of place. : \
I really recommend an early tear of the goddess on Veigar. I know Archangel's staff isn't a popular item, but it really makes sense on people like Veigar and Karthus who can spam their Q without worry.

The tear just gives him so much freedom early game.

Bungboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

Use mana regen seals. His passive will give more regen if you have regen runes. And it also stacks with the passive from chalice of harmony.

lastcenturion

10-17-2012

if he gets buffed maybe we could see him on competitive play
his quit and stats are fine,just his passive isn't... how can we improve him withouth making the little veigar op. (even tough some scrubs might say that he is)

TheFunEndsMEOW

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungboy View Post
Use mana regen seals. His passive will give more regen if you have regen runes. And it also stacks with the passive from chalice of harmony.

I use full AP rune pages with Veigar.

Haveing 43 Starting AP is pretty nice.
I dont use Chalice, theres better items to get.

Bungboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Over Troll View Post
I use full AP rune pages with Veigar.

Haveing 43 Starting AP is pretty nice.
I dont use Chalice, theres better items to get.
I'm sorry but that's a very bad idea. Just because you don't want to take mana regen runes and you refuse to buy chalices doesn't mean he needs his passive buffed. First of all, spell pen runes are generally a much better choice than flat ap because it actually decreases the percentage of damage that your target mitigates, which will make you much better early game and still better mid and late game than taking flat ap. Secondly, flat ap runes are just terrible on Veigar because he can get infinite ap from farming with his Q. So if you took mana regen runes and possibly a chalice, you would be able to last hit with Q much more often, therefore getting a lot more ap. I really hope this makes sense to you because the choices you're making are terrible.

Myrmidont

10-17-2012

Veigar has seen competitive play, his ult and his E are very very very strong.

I think his passive helps him farm if you build him right, and I think building for regen when your Q gives you free ap is probably a smart thing optimization wise.

I think you're missing out on one of Veigar's strengths when you deny your true power...

TheFunEndsMEOW

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungboy View Post
I'm sorry but that's a very bad idea. Just because you don't want to take mana regen runes and you refuse to buy chalices doesn't mean he needs his passive buffed. First of all, spell pen runes are generally a much better choice than flat ap because it actually decreases the percentage of damage that your target mitigates, which will make you much better early game and still better mid and late game than taking flat ap. Secondly, flat ap runes are just terrible on Veigar because he can get infinite ap from farming with his Q. So if you took mana regen runes and possibly a chalice, you would be able to last hit with Q much more often, therefore getting a lot more ap. I really hope this makes sense to you because the choices you're making are terrible.
Hmm. Although I still don't agree with the mana Regen runes. When I play him I don't plan on sticking around team fights, especially because Veigar is usually focused down. I stun, Dark matter, Ult the carry, Q run. Come back to Q and such when it's off CD, If the fight goes on that long. Doing massive amounts of damage. What Veigar does best. By the time it's over there's no more need for mana. You're either dead or you won the team fight, then you recall or push the lane and take a turret then recall. Ya'know?

Changing the runes to Magic Pen sounds like it could be a better choice, especially late game. I'd have to test for myself to see what his damage out put would be without that early advantage in AP.

Although while playing I do see more early take downs for having that amount of AP with no items. Especially after getting my ult.

Unless I get one of those 5v5 games where top lane constantly dies. -chuckle-

MarcusGraves

10-17-2012

just run the magic pen marks and mana regen seals the more Qs you can do the faster you can raise your AP.

im linking this because i feel you don't understand his passive which is exactly like chalice in mechanics http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...ice_of_Harmony

TheFunEndsMEOW

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusGraves View Post
just run the magic pen marks and mana regen seals the more Qs you can do the faster you can raise your AP.

im linking this because i feel you don't understand his passive which is exactly like chalice in mechanics http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...ice_of_Harmony
Equilibrium .75 MP5 per 1% mana missing. I know what it is.