League Academy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scarlette

10-17-2012

(if this is in the wrong area, I dunno where it's supposed to go, since it kinda IS fan fiction...)

Okay, guys, so I had this idea rumbling in my head due to watching too many school comedy/romance animes, and while I was driving today, I thought that this would either be a fantastic place for a story universe, or an artist can make a rendition of a snapshot into this universe.

My idea is: league of legends high school(called League Academy, or something of the sort) They would wear uniforms and be like a typical highschool with all of their clubs and activities and taught the same-ish things that we are taught(like math, science, etc)

Think about the various champs and their personalities. While thinking about this, I thought that I would try to keep each champ with their "skins" so to speak, and not humanize all of them(eg, not turning noct into a human with legs and the like). Some of them I might make into human, for the sake of us having more of a relational feel to them, but I'll play it by ear. Oh, and I would try to make them as close to typical high school as possible, like annie: instead of being two? (or a little older like her story suggests), she would be a teenage annie(like that awesome model from a way back)

Also, I decided to NOT split up the two sides as "noxus hs" and "demacia hs" because I figure there would be friends throughout the different sides based on personality, and I thought it would be a shame from a story standpoint to split them up solely based on their side. Perhaps noxus and demacia are different colleges they they want to go too? I dunno, I'll have to think more about that.

Here are some of the profiles of the characters that I thought of(if people like this, I'll go ahead and do them all, but we'll see for now. Also, feel free to suggest changes!)

Oh, and if there is already a story/universe like this already, I'm not trying to copy you! Sorry, and let me know, and I'll get rid of this and move over there.

Champion:Darius
Class:Junior
Bio:Being an orphan, he doesn't let that define him. Rather, it's all about skill, and showing off his dominance in the most efficient way. Not many things let him do that outside one major iconic sport: Football. Darius trained for this sport, and he's one of LA's best linemen. A natural jock that scorns his brothers flashy display of "finess" sports, Darius is a huge force on the LA's football team and is being scouted by both the Noxus College and Demacia collage.

Champion:Annie
Class:Freshman
Bio:A child prodigy able to pass into the League Academy at a very young age. Made fun of because she's very young and short, they always do it out of earshot where her massive bearlike butler(get it? bear like?) can't hear them(and hurt them). Not many know that Annie is rather sadistic and aloof, because not many people are friends with her.

Champion:Kog'maw
Class:Junior
Bio:A known slacker for either sleeping and drooling in class or eating a ton of food, he is however, somehow able to pull off perfect grades. Pulling off the valedictorian for the junior class, he is in the LA's student council, but doesn't do much there either outside of just going to the meetings. The LA's teachers have confirmed that he is not cheating with his tests, but nobody knows how the answers are on the page in neat, concise writing when they go to collect his test(since he's too lazy to bring up the test when he's done)
(on a side note, I squeeeeee whenever I think of koggie in a uniform )

Champion:Ryze
Class:Math Teacher
Bio:A teacher graduated with a PhD in Mathematics, he has published famous math papers to the math/scientific community. Able to work things out due to his massive amount of experience and knowledge, he is yet to have a failing student, either by him finding out the cause of why they don't want to pass and fixing that, or finding ways for his students to study more efficiently. There is a scoll hanging on the back wall of his room, but nobody knows what it says, and Ryze just says its from "the old days", whatever that means...

Champion:Evelynn
Class:Freshman
Bio:Showing up at school with narry a friend, Eve found friends in LA's "bad girl trio", Katarina, Zyra, and Syndra. Already following their lead, she changed her hairstyle from long straight flowing hair to spiky short hair, and not following the uniform code. Eve however, sometimes embarrassed by some of the acts they they do(or a person she likes) and runs away at a high speed, leaving people wondering, "What is she running from this time?" as she passes them by.
(I know her lore make her a bit sadistic, but I just imagine an eve just embarrassed and just w'ing the s*** out of there. Makes her seem so cute and tsundery)

Okay, I'm tired, I have a job interview tomorrow, so I'm going to leave this off for today and continue on later. If this is something that people like, let me know, and I'll continue to write character bios, and perhaps start a story of a typical student coming in, like maybe an original character of mine

But seriously, there's so much potential here. Ashe and Trynda are the homecoming queen and king, singed is the science teacher, orianna and vlad are goths, the penta kill band is an actual band that some of the students formed, etc, etc etc!

Kazmahu

10-17-2012

Must... not... make... Katawa... joke...

That aside, there is plenty of opportunity for character analysis in this, though you do have to be a bit careful with the adaption. For instance, Evelynn might get embarrassed and randomly disappear... or pretend to. Sincerely doing that would be hideously out of character, pretending to be upset to watch from a distance while chuckling "Dance, puppets, dance!" is more her style.

Some other brief ideas:

Syndra: Extremely smart, extremely beautiful, and damn well knows it. Loves causing chaos and manipulating people for the hell of it. Feels deeply threatened by Annie, who's on her level academically despite being several years younger, and (aside from unconfirmed reports she likes playing with matches) a lot more socially popular with the few who try to approach her.

Caitlyn: Captain of the Academy's clay target shooting club with designs of being a policewoman after graduation. A senior member of the student council and a notorious hardass with what little disciplinary powers that gives her. Someone at the school keeps scrawling graffiti all over the school signing it "C" and she's hellbent on finding out who.

Kayle and Morgana: Previously close sisters estranged after a divorce during middle school that left one girl with each parent. Kayle ended up in a much more stable and better-off home than Morgana, Morgana knows (and Kayle is in denial) that's because Kayle's parent was the one whose infidelity ended the marriage and is deeply resentful of that fact, turning into a heinous *****. Kayle tries to be sympathetic, but has trouble understanding how crappy Morgana's upbringing became, this just makes the younger sister hate her stuck-up sibling even more. There's more nuance to them than the school-famous family feud, though: Kayle is a genuinely nice, if upper-crust and slightly strict person; and Morgana would do anything for the few friends she's made that genuinely identify and sympathize with her circumstances. Morgana also loves baking and has a reputation for being very, very good at it; competition for the results of her home ec. assignments can be fierce.

Riven: An orphan whose beloved single father was killed in an accident at the chemical plant he worked at, leaving her to look after herself at 16 and never quite getting the grief counselling she still needs. She's still heartbroken and a generally sad person because of it, but also one of the few totally independent students, though that means a lot of her stuff is second-hand and fixed or re-purposed by herself. She has trouble in some of Singed's chemistry classes because of this, but excels in shop class, where she can fix just about anything.

I could keep going, but I'll stop there for now.

Prozn856

Recruiter

10-18-2012

Can't wait for more

Silver of Souls

10-18-2012

Interesting concept. It is one that's already been done. Twice, at least that I'm aware of. (First being "League High" and the second being the now-removed "Draven High.") I'm not saying don't do it, I'm just saying be aware that other fics with the same premise exist, and maybe check them out.

Scarlette

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazmahu View Post
Must... not... make... Katawa... joke...
I have yet to complete that story. I have it on my computer, but I also have Fate/Stay Night that I need to finish as well, and a multitude of other games, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver of Souls View Post
Interesting concept. It is one that's already been done. Twice, at least that I'm aware of. (First being "League High" and the second being the now-removed "Draven High.") I'm not saying don't do it, I'm just saying be aware that other fics with the same premise exist, and maybe check them out.
For sure, I'll check them out. Thanks for the heads up!
By the way, what do you mean now removed? Like the story no longer exists?

Silver of Souls

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlette View Post
For sure, I'll check them out. Thanks for the heads up!
By the way, what do you mean now removed? Like the story no longer exists?
There were several problems with the author. It's a very long story. But yes, the author did take down the story and split. League High is still up, though.