The two cents of a long-time Treeline player.

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadownova420

Junior Member

10-18-2012

I like how people are complaining about the new map and its issues and its not even in beta yet.
If you have complaints lodge them at riot and maybe they can address these issues before its released, that is the point of pbe after all....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadownova420

Junior Member

10-18-2012

Also the old TT is completely unbalanced and the only "strategy" was warding dragon and lizard occasionally and having somebody who can solo dragon at lvl 6 to snowball the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

infinite azure

Senior Member

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadownova420 View Post
I like how people are complaining about the new map and its issues and its not even in beta yet.
If you have complaints lodge them at riot and maybe they can address these issues before its released, that is the point of pbe after all....
It's on PBE, I've played it a few hours. I have enough experience on it to say it feels nothing like TT, I doubt they'll fix it since while they listened to our problems in the first place, they decided to go be creative and remove the core personality of the map.

We needed SOME impassable walls, not EVERY wall to be impassable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadownova420 View Post
Also the old TT is completely unbalanced and the only "strategy" was warding dragon and lizard occasionally and having somebody who can solo dragon at lvl 6 to snowball the game.
Teams worth anything won't let you do that.

Or should I say didn't, cause that map is gone forever.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Batman Bot

Member

10-18-2012

What about the changes make it so more champs are viable? Still seems to me with it only being 3v3 that tanky dps is still going to be preferred. I understand that the wall jumping champ will probably drop in status.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainAMorgan

Senior Member

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ┼zure View Post
It's on PBE, I've played it a few hours. I have enough experience on it to say it feels nothing like TT, I doubt they'll fix it since while they listened to our problems in the first place, they decided to go be creative and remove the core personality of the map.
Mind making a thread outlining some of these things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ┼zure View Post
We needed SOME impassable walls, not EVERY wall to be impassable
No man, they wanted to take away any form of strategy that would be surprising. So now there are no wards and no wall jumps! That way nothing kills you when you least expect it!

Ohwaitaminute....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadownova420 View Post
Also the old TT is completely unbalanced and the only "strategy" was warding dragon and lizard occasionally and having somebody who can solo dragon at lvl 6 to snowball the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ┼zure View Post
Teams worth anything won't let you do that.

Or should I say didn't, cause that map is gone forever.
Well that is what most people don't understand.
In old TT you pretty much required a dedicated jungler of some sort after lvl 3 and if you could do it before with one of these: Lee, Rengar, Shyv, Rammus, Udyr, Skarner, Mundo, WW, Cho, Jax, Noc, Tryn, then you may as well.

The new design just does NOT encourage jungling as it did before, and this map emphasizes mobility strats and tankyness to just hard engage teams early on and abusing Alters right from the get go.

The map will need more visibility, less random speed boosts, and more gold to get.

Removing the jungle camps and replacing them with Alters was just dumb and makes snowballing so much easier to attain. Compared to old TT where you actually needed to control the WHOLE map, not just the middle of it.

I would reckon it's better in gold to take the Alters and keep them all game, and let the other team just get Spider.

I need to play it later, but from what I have seen and heard, this will not be the Treeline we wanted OR Deserved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman Bot View Post
What about the changes make it so more champs are viable? Still seems to me with it only being 3v3 that tanky dps is still going to be preferred. I understand that the wall jumping champ will probably drop in status.
I did previously state that I think the boss comp will be Jayce, Rumble, other tanky DPS or a harder AP with MS boosts.

Because there is a MS booster in the middle of the map that will make champs with any type of MS booster themselves far more mobile, and on top of that, make Jayce way better with his TEAM MS boost.

See how Rammus is in Dominion? He may get back to being that, and he was already mobile as **** on the original TT...

Gotta love them troll downvotes without reasoning. Please, just shower them on!


12