The two cents of a long-time Treeline player.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ProbablyTerribad

Recruiter

10-17-2012

First of all, let me preface this thread by saying that I am eager with anticipation for the changes, and am currently in the process of updating my PBE to be able to try it.

That being said, I fail to see how these changes are managing to upset anybody. I understand that it takes different strokes for different folks, but lets take a look at some of the things that have already been confirmed to have been fixed in the upcoming change.

1.) Turret ranges are the same now. No longer will the days of "That tower shouldn't have shot me from that far away" be upon us. It was very frustrating, especially with the top two outer turrets, as those two had VERY different ranges.

2.) Champion balance and blink champions getting the finger is a GOOD thing. How often have you lost simply because you couldn't ever manage to actually gank the other team because they just jumped over walls every single time they got low? Champions like Tryndamere, Gragas, and Lee Sin were some of the most irritating champions to play against because on Treeline they were basically completely immune to ganks. This opens up a lot of opportunity for other comps to actually work in competitive Treeline, which I assume is what the goal of this remake is.

3.) No more turtling. In the really big thread, they've confirmed that they're adding a wall between the healing pad laser and the minion path, meaning that teams can't turtle for decades by pulling minions into their pool. This is good, I get tired of teams that have very obviously lost a game wasting twenty extra minutes as they turtle up in their base, healing away any harass you put on them while keeping you off of their nexus just based on the sheer amount of free exp they're getting from the minion waves.

4.) No more flashing over the wall to kill the Nexus. Nothing is more frustrating than losing a really close game because the other team had flash and you didn't. This is another scenario where turtling is super annoying, because against teams that turtle really hard, this is often the only real option if you plan on winning. This is a very scummy thing to have to do, but sometimes its the only option, and I'm glad that this and the last one are being addressed.

5.) From the sound of things, you can actually get away with playing things that aren't bruisers on the new Treeline. I don't know if this is because of the new objectives, or just because the map is going to have less choke points, but as they made it sound, playing an attack damage carry may be viable, which is exciting.

All in all, these changes are really not doing any harm, unless the harm is that you can't play your OP flashing bruised to get a free win anymore. Many of us more serious players are excited because it promises to open up a lot of things that weren't previously viable.

Sam

10-17-2012

You know shaco can Q over the top-middle wall still? lol!

Uncle Jellyfish

10-17-2012

Lulu has officially become even more powerful. I approve.

ProbablyTerribad

Recruiter

10-17-2012

Why is this relevant? They didn't say wall-jumping was going to be impossible, they just said that it was going to punish the player more. I'm not sure how they intend to do that, but I would have no complaints about Shaco being able to do it. It's part of the champion design. Its when champions that really shouldn't be able to jump those walls do it, and the only reason they can is due to lazy map design? Eh.

Sam

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProbablyTerribad View Post
Why is this relevant? They didn't say wall-jumping was going to be impossible, they just said that it was going to punish the player more. I'm not sure how they intend to do that, but I would have no complaints about Shaco being able to do it. It's part of the champion design. Its when champions that really shouldn't be able to jump those walls do it, and the only reason they can is due to lazy map design? Eh.

like khazik? which can't jump over that wall? :O

Incub0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

I started Treeline because my machine couldn't handle rift too well but over time I've come to prefer it. I agree almost completely with you except that I think AD carries were still viable options on the old one. Though now, it seems, even more so.

Boo

10-18-2012

ok

Smcl

10-18-2012

I personally really like the new TT, but it is very different. I think it'd be best for Riot to keep the old TT and add this one as a "different map" even though we all already know it's the new TT.

infinite azure

10-18-2012

Why are you writing this junk before you play it? Go play it, realize how much strategy has been removed and how it's basically a deathmatch mid, realize the consequences of all the jungle paths and lane paths being twice the width, and I think you'll agree literally nothing feels the same.

You cannot jump almost ANY wall. I played anivia on the old TT due to the small paths and ability to flash to safety from so many locations. Yeah it's annoying how some mobile champs were, but ANY champ can take flash and benefit from the many walls in old TT.

CaptainAMorgan

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ┼zure View Post
Why are you writing this junk before you play it? Go play it, realize how much strategy has been removed and how it's basically a deathmatch mid, realize the consequences of all the jungle paths and lane paths being twice the width, and I think you'll agree literally nothing feels the same.

You cannot jump almost ANY wall. I played anivia on the old TT due to the small paths and ability to flash to safety from so many locations. Yeah it's annoying how some mobile champs were, but ANY champ can take flash and benefit from the many walls in old TT.
I agree.

I am calling right now that Jayce, Shyv, Rumble will be the ****** mode team forever with a speed boost mid and NO WARDS...

There are already plenty of ridiculously mobile champs and giving them an easy access to speed boost will make them all way way way over the top.

Couple the fact that shyv can wall jump, Rumble can cast R into top or bot and Jayce can hit his combo into a lane would make the team deadly and uncatchable.

Add in the new item that gives APs % based damage and Rumble, Singed, Cass are way way way over the top as well.

This so far is a dud in my mind and looks/feels entirely like 3v3 Dominion with some TT in there.