Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So apparently LoLKing says...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordofNarf

Recruiter

10-19-2012

Also, when reading this graph, remember that it's percentage of summoner spells taken, not percentage of players taking the summoner spell. Therefore, no spell can be over 50%, which would be every player taking it. This graph actually means that 22% of players are taking revive on NA (12% overall), which means approximately an average of one per team per game. While this is still low, it's an encouraging number.

edit: typos

Catnium

10-19-2012

Quote:
Vsin:
...that revive is only taken by 5% of Dominion players?

http://www.lolking.net/charts?region=all&league=dominion&type=spell-popularity&range=monthly

Yikes, are informed Dominion players really that few in number? Because currently I can get 4-8 Revives per game...although admittedly my queue time is 2mins+

arround 2% of the players are actually high elo so ye that might be right

Zacoly

10-22-2012

I can easily get 25% death timers reduced in runes and masteries. I run this set up every Dom game that I can.
Death timers are fairly short on Dom, even without reduced death timers.
Why should I take revive if I can think of another summoner spell that will allow me to either live longer or kill more or push harder each life?

Also Revive has a LONG cooldown,you get to use it twice (without utility masteries) in a game of Dom, that's about normal isn't it?

HaIfhearted

10-22-2012

Quote:
Zacoly:
I can easily get 25% death timers reduced in runes and masteries. I run this set up every Dom game that I can.
Death timers are fairly short on Dom, even without reduced death timers.
Why should I take revive if I can think of another summoner spell that will allow me to either live longer or kill more or push harder each life?

Also Revive has a LONG cooldown,you get to use it twice (without utility masteries) in a game of Dom, that's about normal isn't it?

Because sometimes you need to come back NOW, not 10 seconds from it.

Revive gives you the power to pull clutch defends or change the tides of a fight in your teams favor.
A well-timed revive can single-handedly save or win a game.

In an objective-oriented gamemode like Dominion, an instant respawn spell (coupled with speedboost from the mastery) is one of the strongest things you can bring to the table.

konfetarius

10-22-2012

Quote:

Three-four times, actually. Three is standard (Windmill fight, mid-game, end-game clutch revives), 4 is if the game drags out to a ~50/50 point situation. The only time I see revives being used only twice in a game is when it's one sided stomp.

Lvl100Pidgeot

10-22-2012

I sit at around +30 wins, and usually only see two revives in a given game.

brownbruiser

10-22-2012

i dont take revive because i dont plan on dying

SFG mAEtb0y

10-22-2012

Quote:
brownbruiser:
i dont take revive because im a ***** and run away instead of defending/contesting objectives

I applaud you sir.

Forty Bass

Recruiter

10-22-2012

i don't take revive because i'm terrible with knowing the best time to use it so instead i take garrison exhaust.

SFG mAEtb0y

10-22-2012

Quote:
Forty Bass:
i don't take revive because i'm terrible with knowing the best time to use it so instead i take garrison exhaust.

Use to win windmill fight, secure kills on targets that you left at low health, and save turrets at clutch moments.