Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So apparently LoLKing says...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vsin

10-17-2012

...that revive is only taken by 5% of Dominion players?

http://www.lolking.net/charts?region=all&league=dominion&type=spell-popularity&range=monthly

Yikes, are informed Dominion players really that few in number? Because currently I can get 4-8 Revives per game...although admittedly my queue time is 2mins+

otirruborez

10-17-2012

that's more than i expected.

most dominion players probably primarily still play summoners rift. they just don't know any better.

Rikukun

10-17-2012

and here I thought people figured out that ghost was not nearly as good as people thought it was on release a long time ago. oh well.

blackDAILO

10-17-2012

.. or maybe on the bright side, more people are playing Dominion!

otirruborez

10-17-2012

north america shows 10% revive, which is pretty high tbh.

eu is 3% and 2%, which is what i would have expected globally.

Orphane

10-17-2012

Lolking is inaccurate in regards to stat collection and you should know this

Hypersauce

10-17-2012

I'm playing in the "revive elo" whatever it is (I'm at about +45-50 wins I think) but it seems to possibly be on the low end of that elo. Some games I'll get 8-10 revives and others there might only be two revives total.

My last game only 2 of us had revive against a team with 5 revives (we won anyway). I said to my team "you guys should get revive next time, it' wins games". Our Varus answered back "lololol I can get 2 exhausts for every revive you have". I tried to explain to him why revive was pretty much a must have as one of your summon spells (he had ignite/exhaust) but he didn't want to hear it. He got all upset and left bot lane undefended and went top claiming he couldn't stay bot because he didn't have revive, sarcastically. And then for the rest of the game kept saying "But I don't have revive".

I don't know, people just don't seem to understand the merits of it. I used to think like he did too, until I started actually using revive and realized just how good it was. Oh well, I guess people like that will figure it out quickly or end up dropping back down in elo.

Vsin

10-17-2012

Quote:
Orphane:
Lolking is inaccurate in regards to stat collection and you should know this

It's still better than guessing blindly and anecdotally :/

Besides, a Revive metric used for determining a baseline level of knowledge is probably going to be more accurate than using the win rate of a champion to determine balance. The former is just a statement of "People who bothered trying to learn anything about Dominion" wheras the latter doesn't take into account things like underplayed champions having dedicated mainers, Elo bracket discrepancies, etc.

Infirc

10-19-2012

Because Dominion's bulk is actually at low starting ELo with people trying to "get a feel for the champion before taking it to Normal where the serious (LOl) thing is"

In other Words: it's full with flash+ignite /Ghost+ignite/ Ignite+exhaust Noobs

i doubt the iignite+exhaust ones being unpoilished rather than noob because that frigging combo gets me sometimes but the other two are just noobs

TempNam325rwe5

10-19-2012

It's 11% on NA servers (which is more of a relevant stat to you than all regions). It used to be 5% when that functionality was added to LoLKing. Therefore it's actually getting better. At least in NA, there's much more of a community around Dominion and there's been a good amount of awareness raised. In fact, weekly on our forums you'll see some guy wanting to remove revive because it's "OP" and wins the Windmill fight.