Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ryze a reference to Final Fantasy VII?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xylophones

09-29-2010

So, I was just noticing some very key similarities between Ryze and a beloved Final Fantasy VII character. Barrett. Ryze. What's the difference, you ask? Would the phrase very little shake your world - just a tiny bit? But I hear you, the naysayer. The dreamslayer. "Where's your proof, Xylo?"

Here's your proof.

By the way, if you haven't played Final Fantasy VII, you're missing out on a deliciously over-rated experience.

° The Faces - Look at their faces. They're nearly identical. Each sporting two eyes, two ears, one mouth, and a nose. Both have a grimace. But the similarities don't end there.

°Facial Hair - Look at those manly men. Both have facial hair. Coincidence? I think not. Groomed by the Greek Gods of Myth, and tempered by the fires of Elo Hell.

°Pants - Both heroes are wearing pants. It should also be noted that each hero has two legs. But that's not all.

°One of These Things Is Not Like The Other - Look at their right hands. Each of them are sporting a non-related weapon or book in them. Look at their left hands - empty.

°Ambulation Devices - Each hero uses two feet sporting thick boots as their method and means of traveling about. Neither is concerned about blisters.

I've made the comparisons visually via a hastily scrawled datamine in MS Paint. All I can present is the evidence, we'll just have to wait for Riot to admit the truth.

durpado

09-29-2010

Totally.

EndranceMYV

09-29-2010

I see no similarities at all

Mellow X

09-29-2010

lol 2/10

Faceless Terror

Recruiter

09-29-2010

4/10

Good for a light chuckle/mild grin, would NOT lol again.

Xylophones

09-29-2010

Quote:
Faceless Terror:
4/10

Good for a light chuckle/mild grin, would NOT lol again.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=269191

That's the only reason this is funny.