Twisted Treeline - What is it and how do I play it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mujyaki

10-17-2012

I'm summoner level 29, and I've yet to ever play a game on this map, or Dominion for that matter. My question is (better yet, questions.) what are the basics of this map?

Team comp?

Laning basics?

etc. Give me any info you'd include in a TT 101 class. c:

HayabusaZero

10-17-2012

Go to this thread and see this videos:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2673696

This will help you understand the map more quickly =)

HideyoshiX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

I -personally- would suggest to avoid learning how to play this until we have more experience with the revamped map.

I will say that ganking and map control are as or more important than in 5s though.

Which at level 29 won't mean as much to you, but you'll learn.

The reason I feel you shouldn't learn for this map is because it's easier to learn something for the first time than it is to re-learn something that may completely shatter your previous knowledge.

Mujyaki

10-17-2012

Oh, I'm derpy and just noticed the spam about the revamp. ;_;

But thanks for the help, both of you. 8D

Takhuan

10-17-2012

One of the basics about 3v3 is that tanks and bruisers and ap carries are the strong picks.

Trying to ad carry in 3v3 is very hard because it's hard to farm and the games are very short-- going support in 3v3 is going to put a strain on teamfights because everyone has to deal a lot of damage quickly to win a 3v3. Also, spell vamp, lifesteal, self shield and gap closing are even more useful because it's easier to build to out-sustain 3 champions than it is against 5.

HideyoshiX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takhuan View Post
One of the basics about 3v3 is that tanks and bruisers and ap carries are the strong picks.

Trying to ad carry in 3v3 is very hard because it's hard to farm and the games are very short-- going support in 3v3 is going to put a strain on teamfights because everyone has to deal a lot of damage quickly to win a 3v3. Also, spell vamp, lifesteal, self shield and gap closing are even more useful because it's easier to build to out-sustain 3 champions than it is against 5.
I don't entirely agree with that sentiment against teams above 1700.

It worked in 1300s but it's stopped working 100%. Support + AD and AP or tanky person seems to be dominating now.