A thread in which I hope riot reads. Probably not though.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Painlestoxin

09-29-2010

Now I know these threads have been made a million times, but usually they are just people whineing(sp?) about feeders and leavers, and them swearing that thay aare stuck in this "elo hell" Personally I hear about "Elo Hell" from 900 rating all the way up to 1600 rating. My opinion is that "Elo Hell" does not exist. It is just the community that plays league of legends.

Now I also know that riot goes through all the reports daily and bans people accordingly(or so they say), and I also know it would be impossible to read every single report ever sent in. I'm wondering if there was easier way to solve this problem.

I am no programmer nor would I ever pretend to know if this is even possable or not but would you be able to input a system or program that would instantly ban a player from playing in gamis for a day or week if they had a leaver on their account for the day? (ie Player leaves a game and is unable to make or join a new game for 24 hours or 7 days) or if the player got more then 60% (6 or more players) is a game to report a player in the game for feeding for the same consquence. I am sure this would not stop them from eventually coming back, or just making a new account, but at least it would take them out of the equation for some period of time.

I am sure this will get downvoted into the ground, and myself called a qqer, rager, etc, but I would appreciate some form of feedback from a red post if possible.

im rammus

09-29-2010

can you edit and add a paragraph or two? ( just hit enter randomly at a period ) so its easier to read.

EDIT: Though I understand your frustration with the current leaver issue, it's not that easy to solve. A large amount of people leaving being banned would result in AFK's more than leaves. I know that I for one would just afk instead of leave,if my baby started crying or some other issue that prevented me from playing, but not leaving the house. A 7 day ban for leaving would result in a LOT of angry customers, even one day ban could since some times there are ISP issues or uncontrollable factors.

This thread will probably be closed due to the extremety of your solution, as well as your huge amount of grammar mistakes. Download mozilla firefox, it auto spell checks a lot of things for you ( I'm not using firefox at the moment, so excuse my grammar / spelling )

Painlestoxin

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by im rammus View Post
can you edit and add a paragraph or two? ( just hit enter randomly at a period ) so its easier to read.
Done.

Applepenguin

09-29-2010

possible*

Painlestoxin

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applepenguin View Post
possible*
lol well at least it's not bashing

*fixed the spelling, sorry doing half a dozen things at once and this came to mind, so i wrote it in quite a hurry

Xylophones

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by painlestoxin View Post
Probably not though.

Here you go

Painlestoxin

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylophones View Post
Here you go
Thanks man, I really needed that. The ones I have been using are so rough on my sensitive skin. I never knew the community was so thoughtful <3

Painlestoxin

09-29-2010

Shameless self bumb.

InfinityD

09-29-2010

The problem with locking people out for specific amounts of time is that not everyone internet connection is perfect. If my internet went out for the duration of a game I was in (which it has 3 times in 6 months, hence 3 leaves on my account) I would be locked out of playing for 24 hours, or however long you might propose. Should I be punished for that? No. I may have screwed my team over, but I certainly did not do it intentionally.

As for auto-banning when a certain number of reports are filed, that could be very easily abused. Imagine you, perhaps, said something to the enemy team that they didn't like. They all 5 agree to report you, and you subsequently get banned although you may not have deserved to be.

Riot is working through the reports currently. They are aggressively banning people, and have stated that thousands have been banned already. Yes, leavers, griefers, afkers, etc. are frustrating. Unfortunately, thats the nature of competitive online games.

The best thing you can do is report when necessary, don't break any of the rules yourself, and set a good example for other people.

Paddster1

09-29-2010

So my power goes out and I cant play LoL for a week?Wow this is the best system ever!