Am I the only one who likes TT as it is ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mach990

10-17-2012

As the title says...

I honestly very much enjoy playing 3v3's. I love the map the way it is, and I love those buffs up top. It forces you to push strategically so that your top lane can help control the jungle.

The only change I think is a good idea is to make it at least more difficult for minions to be pulled in to the turret. As it is, they practically walk in there on their own, which is very annoying.

But other than that Twisted Treeline is a fantastic map, and I don't want to see it completely changed. I know a loooot of people don't like twisted treeline because they say it's unbalanced (as if that removes the fun?) but I really enjoy it as is.

I don't want more focus on a jungler, and I don't want it to be easier to gank both lanes. The elements of 3v3 gameplay are dear to me, and I don't really want to see them go in favor of gameplay more similar to 5v5's.

Then again, maybe I'm the only one that doesn't want it to change. I practically play 80% of my games in Twisted Treeline :P

-Mach

HideyoshiX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

Liking it is different than recognizing that imbalances need to be changed and the best way to do it is to completely revamp and rebalance everything.

Especially when you consider how long ago Twisted Treeline was actually created, and the much smaller champion pool it was balanced with.

Takhuan

10-17-2012

Such a massive change to the map though. It would be prefered to keep the old one around if just to give the players some variety because at the moment league of legends doesn't have a lot of options in terms of playable maps and the original TT did offer some interesting gameplay even if it was largely slanted to certain champion types, part of the fun was finding out which champions worked best.

B1acKSmitH

10-17-2012

I completely agree, the game play on Twisted Treeline doesn't need to be more like that on Summoners Rift. Ganking is already fairly easy on Twisted Treeline and if it were made any easier it would remove any reason for laning. Also, the top jungle provides an interesting level to the game play. I do agree that more consistent minion spawns could help. Replacing Ebonmaw with Vilemaw is something that I'm on the fence about. I think it would be a welcome change to have a new monster with new abilities but I believe that it should still give you a similar buff to the one that you can currently get from Ebonmaw. I am not a fan of removing the elder lizard and replacing it with the capture points. I think it will make it too easy to get the buffs early and make it take longer in the late game than it currently does to get the red buff.

HideyoshiX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1acKSmitH View Post
I completely agree, the game play on Twisted Treeline doesn't need to be more like that on Summoners Rift. Ganking is already fairly easy on Twisted Treeline and if it were made any easier it would remove any reason for laning. Also, the top jungle provides an interesting level to the game play. I do agree that more consistent minion spawns could help. Replacing Ebonmaw with Vilemaw is something that I'm on the fence about. I think it would be a welcome change to have a new monster with new abilities but I believe that it should still give you a similar buff to the one that you can currently get from Ebonmaw. I am not a fan of removing the elder lizard and replacing it with the capture points. I think it will make it too easy to get the buffs early and make it take longer in the late game than it currently does to get the red buff.
3s is a fast paced game type in comparison to 5s. There's almost no reason to lane when you can gank anyway.

This is what makes mobility so strong, especially in 3s.

Takhuan

10-17-2012

I am looking forward to the new twisted treeline. I just would like to see the old one available too.

SexyShady

10-17-2012

I'm not against a new map, just don't remove the old Twisted Treeline please... Please, Riot, please...

Mavrik V

Recruiter

10-17-2012

I think testing is required before anyone makes an assessment.

Säi

10-17-2012

Look at it this way.
1 -
If the top lane can clear jungle mobs quickly and at a lower level than their lane opponent, the game is over. Someone who wins top, wins the game because they reach level 18 while everyone else is 5-8 levels lower than him.
2-
Access to the jungle is severely restricted. Top lane walks down in 3 seconds to a jungle mob and walks up 3 seconds to a jungle mob. Both safe to clear. Bottom lane has to move UP towards red buff and then back DOWN to the jungle mob.
3-
If you flash over the middle wall or anything, it takes 5+ seconds to get to where they flashed by walking. OP for people like EZ, Kass etc.
4-
If they make it more accessible/open in middle I'd see a 3 single lane map which would be amazing! One for top lane, one for bot lane, and another to fight for control of the middle buff thing. Much more faster passed.

Right now, TT is fun but unbelievably imbalanced. Top wins, wins for team/game. Extremely aggravating to move from top to bot and bot to top as it takes forever to cross such a small distance. Bot lane is forced to stay in lane as jungling middle is not viable. Overpowered champions also dominate this mode. Once you take out the first 2 towers and ward/control the entrances to their base the enemy is severely cut off from exp as you wind up jungling and lane farming.

Those are the problems I have with it, but it could be different for others.

-BTW
THE NEW REMAKE IS NOT LIVE ON THE PBE YET! LIE'S!

CrankyFilipino

10-17-2012

I'm against the new map. It is a NEW MAP. It's not a real remake. I play TT a lot during my gaming career here at LoL