@Riot Changes of TT/History of the Shadow Isles

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khrizalis

10-17-2012

I was reading the red posts on the announcement, and i saw that one of you said that the location of TT was changed to the Shadow Isles... If that is true... Doesn't that mean that Maokai is from Shadow Isles too???
And i'm a little confused with the history of the Shadow Isles... As far as i know, no one wants to go to the Shadow Isles, and those who dare to go die or w.e it happens to them but it's not a good thing (lol idk how to express that), so, why did the summoners create a Field of Justice there??? Or it is just for the Harrowing theme??? If it is a permanent change you should change a lot of history on LoL world and champions :OOO

HideyoshiX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

I assumed that the new map is going to be The Shadow Isles, and Twisted Treeline will still exist in lore but it won't be the 3s map anymore.

I also assume that they keep referring to the map as "Twisted Treeline" so players don't get confused right now.

Vader Dark

10-17-2012

It seems like the changes with TT and the addition of the new spider themed champ are all part of making the Shadow isles a new faction in lore. When Riot shut off the summoner's journal they said there was going to be a new stream of lore coming out and i think we're finally starting to see that come into play. This also allows them to close the gaps on people's lore like morse, earth, nov etc. How they plan to fix for Mao is unknown but they could easily change it too...

"While a fledgling summoner was practicing in the woods one day, bla bla bla, created mao, bla bla bla search for release, bla bla bla, ima champion now!"

Or something similar without throwing off the overall lore theme he has. They could even twist it so that after mao came to life their, the institute continued having this field there to further possible research into this uncharted, (and unknown to us) land.

All i can say is the progression of this new map and the lore changes will be interesting to follow.

Political Squid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khrizalis View Post
I was reading the red posts on the announcement, and i saw that one of you said that the location of TT was changed to the Shadow Isles... If that is true... Doesn't that mean that Maokai is from Shadow Isles too???
And i'm a little confused with the history of the Shadow Isles... As far as i know, no one wants to go to the Shadow Isles, and those who dare to go die or w.e it happens to them but it's not a good thing (lol idk how to express that), so, why did the summoners create a Field of Justice there??? Or it is just for the Harrowing theme??? If it is a permanent change you should change a lot of history on LoL world and champions :OOO
Maokai's lore is getting rewritten, Twisted Treeline is being retconned into always existing on the Shadow Isles.

Its not that no one wants to go to the Shadow Isles, its that everyone who does go there, goes there looking for immense (usually evil) power, and most end up as the undead who populate the island.

As to why there's a Field of Justice, I have no idea, Fields of Justice are usually made to contain places of great magic so they don't get out of control. Dominion was made when a giant barrier was placed over the entire camp shortly after Skarner appeared. TT is the remains of a forest corrupted by the Rune Wars. I couldn't tell you why Summoner's Rift was chosen, but I'm sure its a similar story. Maybe some sort of extraordinary power exists on the Shadow Isles (probably similar to current TT where its just corrupting the land) and the Field of Justice was made to contain it.

P.S. my lore on the whole reasons behind the fields are iffy, but I'm pretty sure its fairly accurate.

Sam

10-17-2012

appearantly twisted treeline was never in the lores o.o