Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Karthus~WolfClaw

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WoIfCIaw

09-29-2010

Working on a Karthus Build, I have come down to 2 options, both are extremely powerful with about 14K IP of runes and Level 30, however since im not even lv 20 i will be working off NO RUNES. (masteries are still maxed though >_&gt
First Build 15600 GOLD
Mejai's Soulstealer
Void Staff
Rylai's Scepter
Zhonya's Ring
Abyssal Scepter
Archangel's Staff
----------------------------
STATS (At level 18 and full Mejai stacks)
2240 HP
2836 MP
36 MP/5 SEC Regen
823 AP
55% MR PEN
~20?~ MR Reduction from abyssal
======================================
Second Build 15805 GOLD
Mejai's Soulstealer
Void Staff
Zhonya's Ring
Ryali's Scepter
Archangel's Staff
Archangel's Staff
--------------------------
STATS (At level 18 and full Mejai stacks)
2240 HP
3236 MP
61 MP/5 SEC Regen
926 AP
55% MP PEN
N/A MP Reduction
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
When i play karthus i use lay waste as my main attack and only use Defile to either Quickly farm minions or to assist in team/solo fights ie. me being chased.
Also I do not believe those stats are inclusive of the Archangel's Mana boost and therefore AP boost, however it is unique so both will increase the same it doesn't matter in the end.
Which would be more effective, the second build jumps out to me more, however I am trying to consider which would be more phased to build, ie. i still can be powerful earlier on. At this stage this is what i buy:
1) AP tome->Mejais
2)Sorcerer's Shoes
3) Blasting wand
4) Build Void Staff or buy AP Tome then build staff
5) Needlessly Large Rod
6) Blasting Wand
7) Build Zhonya's
From here it is usually battlefied dependent.
--------------
Thoughts on my builds or any other comments?

WoIfCIaw

09-30-2010

not even a troll insight, bump

Castorid

09-30-2010

There are a few good Karthus guides linked in the guides thread. I suggest reading those.

It's generally accepted that Zhonya's + 5xArchangels gives you the maximum amount of AP possible in the game. It also makes you squishy as hell and takes >1 hour to build. Good luck with that.

It's more reasonable to just focus on your first 3-4 items and worry about the crazy end-game builds later.

Rod of Ages is a very solid item to rush early game. Karthus is also painfully slow, so prioritizing boots upgrade isn't bad either.

Mejai's is unquestionably a good item and many people use it to good effect. I don't personally favor snowball items, but no one will call you an idiot for trying it.

DrDragun

09-30-2010

Mejais and Tears of the Goddess, then tank stuff. He used to be a good Innervating Locket holder because he spams so much, but now it's pretty nerfed.

Rylai's is great on him. So is frozen heart.

VIVr

09-30-2010

I find that I want to rush Tear, then boots and Mejai if the game is going good. Otherwise, just go straight for Archangels - amazing item for him, solves all of his mana troubles - or build a Rod of Ages if the game will drag on. I usually just rush Zhonya after my Archangel's.

You wouldn't really need any more damage after that, usually. Between Archangel's, Zhonya and a blue pot you are really set. If I get less than 200 AP in a game with Karthus then I failed pretty hard.

negroslapper

09-30-2010

max ap is required for karthus, generally i rush mejai for those early stacks with ult, get void after that, if you get 10 stacks early get zhonyas if you get less then go rod and sell it later

end game i usually go
Sorc boots(sell these if you are ap crazy)
Void staff ( never get rid of this, people LOVE stacking MR against karthus if they are good its decent ap too)
Zhonyas
AAx3(4 for no boots)

generally around 1k ap with this build and runes

WoIfCIaw

10-01-2010

Quote:
negroslapper:
max ap is required for karthus, generally i rush mejai for those early stacks with ult, get void after that, if you get 10 stacks early get zhonyas if you get less then go rod and sell it later

end game i usually go
Sorc boots(sell these if you are ap crazy)
Void staff ( never get rid of this, people LOVE stacking MR against karthus if they are good its decent ap too)
Zhonyas
AAx3(4 for no boots)

generally around 1k ap with this build and runes

Yepo, this is pretty much me, this is why i was wondering the effectiveness of the Abyssal Scepter, I first off buy the Amp tome off the bat and just auto attack minions and lay waste the champions for reaaally high damage all game, and then try and get the Mejai's before the Ulti, which i can usually get at least 5 stacks early game with it, and then i go for sorc boots, after that it is the Void staff and then i often build zhonyas and then whatever from there. I think i will go for the 3 AA

HellBound Boss

10-01-2010

When you can ult for 1.5k and get a kill everytime. Your playing karthus right. (:
And for runes, cdr for his ult.

WoIfCIaw

10-02-2010

Quote:
Death may rise:
When you can ult for 1.5k and get a kill everytime. Your playing karthus right. (:
And for runes, cdr for his ult.

no

katrinna

10-03-2010

I've heard that stacking 3 archangels then getting a Zonya's, a guardian and magic pen boots works well to. but I dont know. I havent read very many threads yet cuz I just got karthus