Vilemaw the Spider-Beast from Elise's Lore?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MikuMelody

10-17-2012

Since riot said that the Shadow Isles is the new location of the reworked TT, and Elise's lore says she feeds her victims to an undead spider beast....yeah
and also, anyone else see Ebonmaw's skeleton in his web?

Wingsong

10-17-2012

Yes, Vilemaw is the spider god from her lore.

Source: I know a guy who worked on the TT remake.

Washada

10-27-2012

Seriously... A spider god defeated by 3 champions? I knew they aren't just anyone, but still... Its a freaking god!

DythTheKobold

10-27-2012

Remember that "god" in fantasy settings often doesn't come with omnipotence.

There's also the factor that when you "kill" vilemaw, he just retreats into the depths of his web.

Skagwatcher

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washada View Post
Seriously... A spider god defeated by 3 champions? I knew they aren't just anyone, but still... Its a freaking god!
In FF6 Kefka became a literal god of magic and was defeated by a party of 3 people and a magic girl.

Noggin Punch

10-27-2012

Don't forget that we have many demi-gods or godlike figures posing as champions themselves in the league.
Some would even consider Xerath a god, since he is technically magic incarnate, as well as a being of pure and infinite energy.

Waafu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

Yes. Kitae confirmed that it's Vilemaw on Reddit.

As for the deal about three mere champions defeating a spider god, TT Vilemaw could just be a magical construct like the Baron Nashor on SR.

Eletale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

It's still weird that Ebonmaw's skeleton would be in Vilemaw's lair. I mean, even though both maps are called Twisted Treeline, they're in completely different locations. What the hell was Ebonmaw doing so far away from home?

CARDBOARDWARRIOR

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eletale View Post
It's still weird that Ebonmaw's skeleton would be in Vilemaw's lair. I mean, even though both maps are called Twisted Treeline, they're in completely different locations. What the hell was Ebonmaw doing so far away from home?
It's just an easter egg.

MikuMelody

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eletale View Post
maybe he was curious as to where his arena went :P