Is wits end a good item?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I Xvile I

10-17-2012

i dont know if wits end is a good item i heard its good to build it on shyvana or warwick but i dont know why plz tell me if wits end is a good item if it is tell me why

Fracture Eon

10-17-2012

It's an extremely good item for a lot of bruisers/tanks and highly cost efficient. For example, let's look at Shyvanna.

For Shyvana's on-hit passive from Flame Breath to match a Wit's End, you would need 460 AP. Let's ignore for the moment that all that AP was applied to the initial hit of Flame Breath, though. The point here is that Wit's End costs a lot less than all that AP, and also gives you some tankyness from all of its extra MR.

Warwick is a little bit more awkward to compare, as his passive doesn't scale with anything besides attack speed. His Q gets AP and deals (%HP) + (1.0x AP) vs champions. You could probably put together a tanky AP bruiser build with Abyssal Scepter to take advantage of this, but it would again be pretty expensive. Wit's End is cost efficient and reliable.

Remember that Warwick's ultimate and Shyvana's Q are counted as multiple individual auto attacks. Shyvanna's Q will appy any on-hit effect twice, and Warwick's will apply them 5 times over its duration. Madred's Bloodrazor isn't actually terrible on Warwick since it can do 20% of someone's HP during his ult. It's just stupidly expensive.

Kagami

10-17-2012

Shyvana or WW both benefit nicely from AS and need MR, so I'd say definitely, it's quite a cost effective item.

Light Fantastic

10-18-2012

It's a very efficient item that enhances both your offensive and defensive capability. Great mid-tier item.

cerabrete2

10-18-2012

Its my favorite AS item on bruisers. Gives good AS 40%. Gives 42 magic damage(almost a BF sword of damage). Gives 30-50 MR. Adds a lot to your damage output and tankiness.

TheRottenCrow

10-18-2012

this is an item i almost consider essential on Shen. it gives him great AS to help him proc his on hit heal, bonus magic damage which is always welcome, and some good MR. at a relativly cheap price.