Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So Elise...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Argodis

10-20-2012

Quote:
Duelpower:
I wonder what happens if you spiderweb up in a bush and someone facechecks the bush while you are in the air still. Do they know they are being hovered over? It doesn't particularly matter I was just curious.

No idea, but I'm assuming that once they enter the bush, they should be able to see Rappel's circle that shows where you could potentially land.

Quote:
Risemix:
So every Elise on the PBE I've seen has been just ****ing awful, so either she's not a good champion, her skillcap is high, or every single person on the PBE is bad.

Since I'm an optimist, I'm going to assume it's the latter. I really need to try her myself. I haven't looked at her stats, actually, but she seems mega squishy. I just dodge her stun skillshot and 3-shot her with zero consideration for whatever it is that she does. >_>

Yea most Elise players are pretty bad.

Add me on the PBE, maybe I can show you a few things. IGN: Argodis

DiscworldDeath

10-20-2012

Quote:
FDru:
Utility is anything that directly affects another champion and isn't damage. The only exception are minions, which are situational utility against skillshots.

If you want to call any self-buff utility then you need to look back at all the champion roster because most champs have a ton of that. Yi, for example, will never be taken on a team for his utility, but he actually has a ton of personal utility. Personal utility just isn't significant by itself. Team utility is what matters.

What...?

You're saying what I'm saying, then you're writing as if I've said something completely different.

I never called Self-buff utility. I called utility to exactly the same thing you did, which is affecting other champions. An escape is a form of utility, but that's also why I said only /some/ might want to call Kha's dash a utility.
In other words, you seem to type as if you're disagreeing with my post, but you're basically saying what I am. Weird.

BigDaddyDelish

10-20-2012

I like how we are calling op before we get any kind of real glimpse into how she plays in Dominion.

C'mon guys, haven't we learned our lesson? We've all been so dead wrong on so many champs that it's getting ridiculous.

Let her come out first, and give it a week or two. Then make op/up calls.

Orphane

10-20-2012

I played her on the PBE...and she seems pretty meh. In mage form, Q is short range, W requires effort to position correctly around minions, and E is a skillshot stun that does nothing else and moves slow as hell. Her Q in spider form is really short range, her W *only* buffs her and her spiderling's attack speed (meaning it doesn't do much if spiderlings are aoe'd), and her E....is not really an escape in most situations. It delays the inevitable at best.

Sure, someone *might* be able to do well with her but my guess is that there will be a 90% derp rate with Elise.

Octovert

10-20-2012

I hope she's the spider to kha's fly...

Redeemed In Fire

10-21-2012

Quote:
Anonymous7345:
Wow nid/jayce 2.0 fizz/vlad 2.0 malzhar 2.0 ...... Riots making old champions look bad >.>

twitch

whyyyyyy do people do this with every champion release, everyone thought Volibear was garen+singed+mundo and now no one objects to his kit and thinks its fine.

That said, I do hope Elise's spiderlings scale with ad. AD elise pls >: D

DiscworldDeath

10-21-2012

From Meddler's posts, it seems the spiderlings aren't really "minions" per se, but just a different way to show on-hit damage, unless I misunderstood things quite a bit.

And no, they seem to not scale with AD, but 10 damage per ult level, and 0.1 AP ratio, per spiderling.