Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do you think the latest lores/lore reworks are better or worse than in the past?

I think the lore is worse overall than it used to be 53 66.25%
Some things have been better, some worse. I am neutral 20 25%
I think the lore is better overall than it used to be 5 6.25%
I have not noticed a big difference between recent and past lore 2 2.5%
Voters 80 .

Lore Quality Poll

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

painspider

10-18-2012

Quote:
1Eredale:
I also love playing with words sometimes. >_>

To be honest, if LordOfLoot hadn't quoted the parts of your post which changed my post around I wouldn't have noticed that the quote attributed to me was not actually written by me. Unamused.

You seem particularly upset by my post criticizing the writing style of the lore, which I find odd since I made a point not to lash out at Riot "without a second thought" but actually show examples of what I considered good lore and bad lore.

Quote:

All in all, I would like for people to actually restrain themselves from calling out Riot on the quality of their work until they think about the challenges they have to face while making it. Surely, if they wrote a novel for each Champion, it would be easy as pie to satisfy every single person who wanted this or that event described in their bio; but they have to work with just several paragraphs (can't stress that enough), and they also have to browse a forum that blames them for working their hardest on it. Rioters are also people, give them a goddamn break for once.

The poor things, getting paid to write lore blurbs for video game characters. I'm sure they cry themselves to sleep every night because life is so hard. Forgive my sarcasm, but really, Rioters are people being paid to do a job and I don't think it's out of line for their customers to provide feedback that isn't 100% glowing. Those of us who think the lore isn't as good as it could be are not being unreasonable, and the point of this thread wasn't to straight up attack the Riot lore team, but to explain to them why we feel this way. My silly little "playing with words" was actually an attempt to provide clear examples of what we liked about the old lore and what we don't like about the new lore.

Quote:

If what I wrote changes at least a few minds, I would be happy. The front page of Lore section flows with complaints, and it's disappointing.

People who care about the lore care about it because it makes the game experience better for them.

As has been said by Methelod, the reason the lore is suffering is because Riot is getting bigger and more impersonal and they don't see how the lore can make them money. Obviously this isn't exactly what Methelod said (notice I am not putting something in quotes under his name and then changing the content) but that seems to be the gist of it.

Your argument seems to be that it's too hard to put real effort into the lore and we're ungrateful for being unsatisfied. See, if you are satisfied with the lore currently, that's one thing, but coming here to chide people for having the opinion that the lore is being neglected and it's a shame, isn't necessary. If you want to explain what is great about Syndra's lore, go ahead, but picking apart my post as if I kicked your dog seems a bit silly.

Arcane Azmadi

10-18-2012

Well, those poll results are telling. I wonder if Riot will notice or care?

...nah.

LordOfLoot

10-21-2012

hoping to get some more votes here.

LordOfLoot

10-30-2012

gonna bump this once more, I'd really like to get 100 votes.

to further discussion, I want to ask, how does everyone feel about the increase in lore reworks lately? At first it seemed like it was going to be used mostly on lore with pre-existing problems (like Warwick/Soraka lore), but now it seems large sections of lore are being altered for a new story arc.

Personally, I'm all for a new story arc, but if you need to rework huge chunks of the pre-existing story to do it, then maybe its not that good of a story... I guess we will see