Dan Dinh

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lockethegreat

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksGoCAW View Post
lolololololololololol brawl is balanced. Hilarious.

Please hold me to my words. I said brawl is more balanced. It doesn't mean its balanced, just not as unbalanced as melee.

Roymachine

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksGoCAW View Post
lolololololololololol brawl is balanced. Hilarious.
qft

RocketSlug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2010

Brawl+>>Brawl (or vBrawl or Vanilla Brawl)

TwoFatNuts

Adjudicator

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkHobo15 View Post
N64 original for life.
This a million times over. The others didnt even compare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkHobo15 View Post
HAI2U OP FOX
Fox? Fox was teh baddie. Kirby was OP cheez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisN View Post
OP Pikachu
Pikachu was an animal if used right. At least he took some skill tho (double tele-jump ftw)

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrex View Post
Pfft, N64 was all about The Cap'n and Ness. PK Thunder > all.
Again with the Fox???@?@@
Ness was a beast also....again, at least he took skill......

Ryedan

Visual Designer

09-29-2010
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Brawl is just as broken as Melee - Falco down throw combos are more annoying than Melee chaingrabs. At least in Melee you get a tech option and requires chasing. In Brawl you just press 2 buttons and repeat

I loved playing Brawl too, don't get me wrong. I just don't like waiting until 100-150% to kill people with a single planned attack - I prefer melee combos and the danger of dying at 13%.

It's a style / preference thing.

SmashGizmo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

QA Analyst

09-29-2010

Melee is just more exciting. I dunno, every national I try to watch and care about brawl but I just get tired of seeing ADHD throw bananas as M2K chases him around for 7 minutes every game. *shrugs* I just don't understand how people can try to take brawl seriously as a competitive game, it's just too boring as a spectator.

And Pika is ridiculous in 64. There has been absolutely no debate about who's #1 in SSB for like 5-6 years now, lol. 2-5 is a different story with lotsa jostling of Fox, Falcon, Kirby, Mario after good players finally decided that Ness wasn't actually good. Most modern tier lists have Yoshi > Ness and some have Luigi > Ness too.

Krald

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryedan View Post
Brawl is just as broken as Melee - Falco down throw combos are more annoying than Melee chaingrabs. At least in Melee you get a tech option and requires chasing. In Brawl you just press 2 buttons and repeat

I loved playing Brawl too, don't get me wrong. I just don't like waiting until 100-150% to kill people with a single planned attack - I prefer melee combos and the danger of dying at 13%.

It's a style / preference thing.

Here's the thing: They are two different games. They both take two different types of skill. The melee/brawl discussion is just so old and tired. View them as completely separate games, enjoy both. I personally think both are just as good as the other. Melee is much more imbalanced in my personal opinion, and having done tourneys with both I feel that while brawl is slower paced, you also get gimped less due to imbalances.

If I'm in the mood for some super fast paced wave-dashing combo awesomeness, I'll melee. If I'm in the mood for some more tactical balanced fighting, I'll brawl it up.

The MythStalker

09-29-2010

Meta Knight in Brawl gives me nightmares.

fizwidget

Recruiter

09-29-2010

do any of you guys play smash competitively? i know a surprising amount of the NC Smash community plays LoL regularly. if so what are your tags/locations? i am fiz/melee/shiek/nc. im pretty sure KirbyKaze, Vanz, and Rockcrock all play LoL.

Also lol @brawl being more balanced than melee

Eltrotraw

09-29-2010

Here's my refutation for Brawl being more balanced than Melee:

Meta Knight.

Refute that.