Top Lane: Swain vs Rengar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FViral

10-17-2012

I was playing Swain in a normal match the other day and got wrecked by a Rengar who tore through my health like it was nothing all while attacking only from the brush. It made it impossible to harass and farm. I even threw a ward in there but he was able to get on it and 3 hit it before it went invisible. Interestingly enough I tried to swap mid lane after my first death but they didn't want to face Rengar either!

I like Swain top because he stomps melee champions pretty easily while having great utility in team fights late game. I'm curious if there are any flaws or strategies I can exploit to deal with a Rengar top in the future. It just seems to me like with his sustain and pounce ability I'll get shutdown no matter what.

ArtDZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

rengar has a stupid OP laning phase. My recommendation is if your jungler won't help you then passively farm. If you can farm creeps decently you basically won the lane. Rengar is pretty weak in teamfights.

PracticalPotato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

^ "Rengar is pretty weak in teamfights."
I disagree. Rengar's teamfight ability is like Udyr's. He can get right on the high damage targets and eat them alive. If he has a GA, his CDs will be back up by the time he revives and he can keep killing.

As for Rengar's laning phase, it's pretty hard to beat (not OP, just hard). You honestly do have to farm as passively as possible. You don't need wards, just use common sense. "Have i seen Rengar go in that bush? Has he usually been in that bush?". Rengar can chunk hp with a quick double Q, but it's hard to go on you without a bush near. Lazerbird him whenever possible and hit him with your heal reduction, but don't hit the minions. Don't push at all and get ganks.

ArtDZ

10-17-2012

i disagree rengar is alot weaker then udyr in teamfights generally. Especially over objectives. Rengar cannot utilize his passive over and over like he can in top lane.

anyways rengar is getting a nerf soon

Amalickiah

10-19-2012

Maybe ward river and stay away from top bushes?

ArtDZ

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahEsq View Post
Maybe ward river and stay away from top bushes?
this isn't possible if you intend on getting CS and exp. The range on the leap is huuuuge