Is tryndamere screwed if he does not get a single kill ny midgame?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glenn Quagmire

10-17-2012

Hi guys i love to play tryndamere top even though people dont think he is viable but ive been playing him for a bit now and i figured out if if i go vs someone for example jax. jax does counter alot of AD's but i think if u can get an early kill tryn can still dominate. So today i was going vs a jax and idk why but he played very very very safe after i killed him one time. He was almost always behind tower making it very very hard to dive him and kill him under tower even with a jungler and i was winning lane because i knocked down more towers and had like 30 more cs than him. I was just afk farming all game and he was too because if i left lane he woulda just pushed to my base and i dont want that to happen although i will still leave lane for baron/dragon fight but the main point is that is tryndamere or any champion screwed if they dont get a kill vs a lategame champion for example jax/nasus which both counter tryndamere very hard later in the game. I still won the game but end game i was barely able to kill a jax with medium farm and 0 kills sitting behind tower the whole game. So please leave ur opinion on this topic and i was still able to dish out TONS OF DMG XD but i need some advice on what to do vs a very passive/safe player who is playing someone which will poop on me lategame. Thanks!

TLDR: Just want to get some advice on what to do if im going tryndamere solo top vs a lategame champion (jax/nasus) that plays very very safe. I always manage to outfarm him and but i feel that as the game goes on even if he is something like 0/2 he will contribute more to his team than me therefore, winning lategame teamfights. So please leave a comment. Thanks!

ArtDZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

force teamfights and objectives earlier. If your stronger earlygame use that to your advantage. Force teamfights and take dragon/towers. Even take baron and there inhibs. If your doing nothing with your advantage for 50minutes then yea nasus will definately become terror.

RockReadyAimFire

10-18-2012

Sadly, tryn just doesn't seem viable like most AA melee champions with no real damage outside of AA, hes a little easy to kite, and gets outclassed by most other top lanes. In my opinion the Problem with tryn is though if you don't get that control and its a bit more equal, pretty much every top laner beats tryn if tryn has 0 fury, so all they have to do is fight you when your 0 fury and they'll win. really as you said, the key to doing well with him is to get an early kill to establish lane dominance than just farm farm and since you have lane control you'll be able to get fury up and punish your lane opponent with some crits.

On a side note about nasus, if you are even in kills and nasus is relatively close to your cs and has something like 75% of those cs as q farm, nasus won the lane, nasus is a monster late game and if he got really good q farm hes arguably the strongest champ in the game, but thats countered by the fact that his early game blows so to beat nasus you need to shut him down, but again tryn doesn't do this well.

NoneLikeRob

10-18-2012

Farm, farm farm farm farm farm farm. Most of your gold comes from farm, less than half of it will come from actual kills. So not getting kills early? Who cares, farm it up brah!