Elise, The Spider Queen Lore

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ogdain

10-17-2012

As a child, Elise had always been driven to the strange and the macabre. Even in Noxus, where evil was more a byproduct of ruthlessness than an end of itself, the girl's morbid nature was viewed with discomfort. She was chided time and time again for her cruel and bizarre experiments, horrific attempts to fuse distinct creatures into unnatural abominations. Small wonder, then, that she took to wandering at an early age to find a place she could truly call home.

Feeling incomplete, she wandered the lands, but in bright Demacia, mystic Ionia, optimistic Piltover, and even industrial Zaun she felt no more welcome than she had in Noxus. Yet in all of these places she left victims in her wake, horrifying results of an art yet to be perfected. Rumor of her grew, yet ever she managed to evade pursuit, and she would have been dismissed as a folktale if not for the horrific, lifeless blends of man and beast she left in her wake.

Elise's wanderings finally took her to the Shadow Isles, a place where only the ruthless--and the truly mad--can survive. Her dark nature was expanded and empowered, and the Isles' dark spirit fueled her knowledge--and her insanity. She finally understood that she must use her art to perfect her own form first. Elise became enamored with the spider, feeling it was especially appropriate as those who failed to appreciate her arts before were insects waiting to fall into her trap. Channelling powers ancient and dark, Elise became more than a woman, infusing her body and her very essence with arachnid power. The Spider Queen had been born, and she returned to the kingdom she would soon rule.

The Queen travelled to the heart of Runeterra, brandishing ancient tablets from the Shadow Isles that would twist everyone on the continent into her twisted subjects. The sky clouded over, and glowed with an unnatural purple hue as the winds howled. Within minutes, the ritual would be complete, and all would bend the knee to the Spider Queen.

Suddenly, however, a flash of light appeared, and a dashing young man holding a glowing hammer landed forcefully next to Elise and her ritual tablets. "This is what the future looks like!" he said with a bright grin, as if he was wholly oblivious to the peril all of Runeterra now faced. "You fool!" Elise began. "You are too late! I am the Spider Queen, and your wretched kind shall all kneel befo--" was all she managed before a forceful blow from the man's oversized hammer knocked her backwards some thirty feet. Brandishing his hammer as if it were a crossbow, the interloper sent forth a bright beam of light, shattering Elise's ritual tablets and ending her hopes of turning all of Runeterra into her abominable underlings.

"Feel free to give up now," the man said to no one in particular, turning back towards his home as the unnatural storm she had conjured already began to dissipate. "WAIT!" Elise screamed, "WHO ARE YOU!?" she shrieked. Looking once over his shoulder, the man gave a smirk. "I'm Jayce, the Defender of Tomorrow." As he left her there in the heart of the continent, the Spider Queen could only shake her fist impotently in the air. "I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME, JAYCE!"

True to her vow, the Spider Queen joined the League of Legends and attempts to foil her new nemesis every Saturday morning.

alpha quail

10-17-2012

It wasn't very good plot wise.

But +1 for the great read.

Xyrne

10-17-2012

Oh. So she's just a human? Is this official?
Also Jayce is such a doofus.

Edit: Just finished.. that can't be real, lmao.
But ironically it is how I usually think of Jayce and his interactions with villains.

Guancyto

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdain View Post
True to her vow, the Spider Queen joined the League of Legends and attempts to foil her new nemesis every Saturday morning.
lol.

Would read again.

Alphonsio

10-17-2012

No, this is a joke. It's quite funny, actually, +1.

KhaZixCarriesYou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

In the end of the third paragraph I stopped reading when the song More Than a Woman became stuck in my head...

Apologies.

Eph289

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

I logged in just to upvote this because it made me laugh.

+1

POWER SLAM

AlphariusRising

10-17-2012

At first I thought this was serious.

8/10

WayOXcess

10-17-2012

i just loled so hard in my office . . . i don't even care. I thought it was the real deal at first.

Dirge Farum

10-17-2012

Made me laugh, so I guess that's a win in your books.

"I will not be stopped by him. I have gone across Runeterra and gathered you all here. Karthas. Mordekaiser. Yorick. Hecarim. Evelynn. Together, we will create our own group to oppose the League of Legends. We shall call ourselves, the "League of Shadow Isles". BWA HA HA HA!"
~Elise, Head of the League of Shadow Isles.