Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A single tip for hitting Gold Rank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hughes De Payens

10-18-2012

Quote:
Rept4r:

Also, i looked at ur character info and you in fact have not dropped ur elo to 900 and brought it back up, so before you spew lies, please, think about what ur saying/doing.

Speaking of lying...

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/25201566#history

You said you "end games with a great KDR"? It's not really reflecting that way from your match history.

runesimitar3

10-18-2012

OFC, if you play alot's of game, for sure you will get out of bad elo. BUT, i personnaly have really good start for my elo ( 1.252). I have 54% win ratio, i do understand you get troll, feeders and afker and that if u play alot's of game, for sure you will gain elo, since the other team always have feeders and afker, somtimes. But you have to consider, do you care loosing when like you're mid is 0-10? personnaly, im saying ofc, that makes you more frustrable in game, wich cause you to make errors, wich cause you to loose elo.

runesimitar3

10-18-2012

Quote:
Hughes De Payens:
Speaking of lying...

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/25201566#history

You said you "end games with a great KDR"? It's not really reflecting that way from your match history.

REPT, you're ranked stats and match history are simply horribe, if you can play ONLY riven, that wont get you very far

Amatzikahni

10-18-2012

Quote:
runesimitar3:
OFC, if you play alot's of game, for sure you will get out of bad elo. BUT, i personnaly have really good start for my elo ( 1.252). I have 54% win ratio, i do understand you get troll, feeders and afker and that if u play alot's of game, for sure you will gain elo, since the other team always have feeders and afker, somtimes. But you have to consider, do you care loosing when like you're mid is 0-10? personnaly, im saying ofc, that makes you more frustrable in game, wich cause you to make errors, wich cause you to loose elo.

Despite the difficulty reading that, it's a great point and relevant to this thread: how often do you give up? Do you surrender if they caught you out of position once and then take a tower? Do you surrender if your mid is 0-3 in lane phase? Do you surrender if your support steals 1 CS? Or do you stick it out, rally your team together despite being down 6-27, and try to come back? Winning even 1/10 of those lost games improves your win ratio by 5% which is the difference between 50-50 and 55-45, and the latter number can potentially see Elo improvement in the long run.

NukedWhale

10-18-2012

Good post. I agree, I'm where I at because I make mistakes and I can't play all roles. I do think it would be to everyone's benefit to chill out and not consistently blame your teammates. Usually I run into two types of folks that blame their teammates, players that are bad and blame everyone else and players with good scores who have little utility/lose all momentum mid game.

Are attitudes better or worse at higher ELO ranks?

xELEVATEDx

10-18-2012

Agreed 100% bro. Gotta practice to get perfect. and practice comes through trial and error, learning from mistakes.

Quote:
Are attitudes better or worse at higher ELO ranks?
-Definitely better. However, definitely quick to get ridiculed if a trivial mistake is made.

Sereg Anfaug

10-18-2012

750 ELO here. Much as I hate to admit it, this guide is entirely correct.

Though I shudder to think how OP dropped himself to 950... that requires him to throw a hell of a lot of games that should have been won =X

miranda please

10-18-2012

legit question here for the OP: you claim to have played support as you raised your ELO, but all of your examples of how "it's your fault and nobody else's" assumed the player to be a carry. now, I play nothing but jungle, and there is really nothing in your post dealing with the situation of when your carries aren't good enough to win their lanes.

your post definitely hit home for me, as someone who will, with 100% certainty, tell you that they belong at a higher Elo than they are. I play league and study league for a literal majority of my time. every day I spend almost half my life queueing up with every possible combination of players. I have read every guide on solomid, mobafire, and this site, for the champions that I play. I've read the generic guides on solomid and RoG on how to be a better player. I changed my attitude in-game to the point that I have honor badges. in my free time I go on youtube and watch pro junglers study their plays.

I've been doing this for about a year now (started ranked two months ago), and I'm 900 Elo. I win about 25% of my games.

so really, mr. gold status, tell me what the hell I'm doing wrong here like you did so eloquently for the players who main carries. because I WANT to get better, but when I play jungle, I'm just useless against enemies that work together. I know these types of complaints seem silly because it's statistically impossible for me to ALWAYS be grouped with bad players. but I just don't have good games anymore. they just don't happen. EVER. even the good games, get eventually thrown once the teamfighting phase kicks in, as my teammates just can't win teamfights. what do I do when known good players are spectating me and saying I'm not doing anything wrong, but I'm losing well over 70% of my games?

Banned on Main

10-22-2012

Quote:
The fact is that the system works. I know because I actually tested it. I dropped my rank down to 950 intentionally just to see how BAD ELO Hell really is and if, like most people who are in it assert, escape is impossible. It took me one month to go from 950 to 1400, and that was with hard rank (+-10-14 points per win/loss). I had very little difficulty in ELO Hell, as would be expected if the system works. I even played a lot of Support, just to see if Support players were unfairly punished in this Hell. Defensive Supports are, no doubt, but Blitzcrank and Leona are OP. Jungle is totally broken in ELO Hell, and I had some fantastic games with Fiddlesticks. Hint: People don't ward in ELO Hell. Use Fiddlesticks. Fiddlesticks.

1 month? did you play like 3games a day or are you proving that elo hell does exist and it takes over 100 games and lucky teams to get out of it?

Also their is no such thing as elo hell. 900-1300 can be climbed so easily by picking faceroll mid ( katarina) or op junglers.

Etherimp

10-22-2012

Quote:
miranda please:
legit question here for the OP: you claim to have played support as you raised your ELO, but all of your examples of how "it's your fault and nobody else's" assumed the player to be a carry. now, I play nothing but jungle, and there is really nothing in your post dealing with the situation of when your carries aren't good enough to win their lanes.

your post definitely hit home for me, as someone who will, with 100% certainty, tell you that they belong at a higher Elo than they are. I play league and study league for a literal majority of my time. every day I spend almost half my life queueing up with every possible combination of players. I have read every guide on solomid, mobafire, and this site, for the champions that I play. I've read the generic guides on solomid and RoG on how to be a better player. I changed my attitude in-game to the point that I have honor badges. in my free time I go on youtube and watch pro junglers study their plays.

I've been doing this for about a year now (started ranked two months ago), and I'm 900 Elo. I win about 25% of my games.

so really, mr. gold status, tell me what the hell I'm doing wrong here like you did so eloquently for the players who main carries. because I WANT to get better, but when I play jungle, I'm just useless against enemies that work together. I know these types of complaints seem silly because it's statistically impossible for me to ALWAYS be grouped with bad players. but I just don't have good games anymore. they just don't happen. EVER. even the good games, get eventually thrown once the teamfighting phase kicks in, as my teammates just can't win teamfights. what do I do when known good players are spectating me and saying I'm not doing anything wrong, but I'm losing well over 70% of my games?

Simple, your job as a jungler is to get your teammates fed. If you gank and give your lanes the kills that puts them ahead.

If you try to gank and the gank fails, go Counter-jungle their jungler, gank some other lanes, and come back later. If they show that they are incapable of receiving a gank then you explain to them calmly that you cannot gank their lane and that they should play more defensive.

Jungler has the absolute highest impact in the early phases of the game, along with support. If you are losing 75% of your matches as a jungler then you are either jungling horrible junglers or you are a horrible jungler.

So, tell me.. Who do you jungle and what is your route and what do you build, etc?