Did I do this wrong?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AwwGasm

09-29-2010

Get the cheaper stuff first. Mp/5/lvl runes are great and cheap, and work pretty well on any hero that has mana. It wouldn't be hard to fill up your seals/glyphs with them within a couple days of playing.

If your'e aiming for CDR glyphs I suggest you get them last, they aren't cheap and are pretty general, make do with mastery and Item CDR for now.

For reds build Armor Pen (unless you play 80% casters) they really help, even on non physical heroes just with Harrassment and such. You could go for crit chance if you wanted to, it's your personal choice (never get crit damage)

For quints I suggest getting MS or Flat HP, these are expensive however you need to buy less of them. HP is great on any hero, and MS really helps those heroes who need positioning.

IF you're really really hard up, get level 1 runes. Those are less than 10% of tier 3 runes and give around 50% of its output, you can slowly replace them as you earn IP.

Odekuun

Adjudicator

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Evans View Post
Well I have 19% crit out of the gate with my crit page. I use my crit page right now for every champ except casters/mages.

I would never do crit damage for the fact that I usualyl build IE on gang.

My lvl 10 im usually upwards 60% crit if my cards are played right. Thats pretty big.

I was thinking armor pen, but most champs I play have terrible mana pools. So i was thinking maybe pulling a few runes, getting 15% crit without items and then subbing some armor pen or maybe more mp5

Someone said mp5/LEVEL? arent they maxed at like 1.4mp/5 @ 18? Isnt that alot worse? MP5 runes straight up are .45 iirc.( ig uess depending on what color)

That on top of always building a chalice, should be only 6 or so of thsoe runes to make it viable early game before chalice.
Actually MP5/level glyphs and seals catch up with the flat bonuses by level 4--so they're pretty much better for everything except those first few minutes.

With seals and glyphs full of MP5, I have 28 MP5 by 18. I've liked it so much, that I've actually avoided playing non-mana champions until I've saved up for another rune page to put some of my other stuff in. They eliminate mana problems for pretty much any non-mage, and even some mages.

Hank Evans

09-29-2010

So heres what im thinking. I have my page full of tier 3 crit change reds and blues already, and a few yellows. Im thinking Im gonan go with half mp5/level and half armor pen yellows. Are 6 armor pen runes even viable?

Armor pen will effect gangs Q and every other physical skills pen right?

If the game usually last 50min or so, Im unkillable 1v1 and even 2v1 on gang, for the most part...100% crit chance, 350AD, and up towards 500MS so if you do get me low, im gonna W and gtfo..Not to mention I get at least 15% steal on the 350ad

Bunny King

09-29-2010

lol i have a rune page containing crit dmg for the red and purple one. but crit chance for the yellow and blue. its way better than armor pen when u are using heroes such as tristana with around 300 dmg. i can kill an fully equipped ashe or any other carry(except tanks or off-tank) in just 3 shots. i LOL'ed at them. but in the beginning, i admit, its kinda not as useful as armor penetration though. :P

Bunny King

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsauce View Post
For a fun gangplank or shaco page, try buying a full set of crit damage runes, I believe you can get up to around 40%, that plus talents, plus an IE make your crits just plain gross.
its more its around 43% actually. lol

Renegade Glitch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2010

Honestly, rune pages are mainly effective early game. A guy with a complete tier 3 rune page against a guy wth no runes at all, the guy with the runes is at a huge advantage in the first few levels. 25% attk speed, 25 armour pen, 15 attk dmg. All of that will help you farm more gold, hit harder so you can force them to stay behind in gold/exp, and help you maintain laning power.

its the same with masteries. Runes+masteries at lvl 30 make a big difference especially for the first 6 lvls. if you have *at lvl 18* runes, then they kick in more or less after lvl 5.