Did I do this wrong?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Odekuun

Adjudicator

09-29-2010

Depends on what runes you're aiming for. If you want expensive runes, like flat health quints, cdr blues, and dodge yellows, you have done it very wrong.

Certain runes are just way more expensive than others--I bought mana regen/level yellows and blues over the past few weeks without playing much at all, on top of buying Morgana. If I were to, say, aim for those three health quints I've been putting off, I'd have to put in triple the time. Would that be worth it?

Think of it this way--every game from now on you're tangibly improving your abilities. I advise doing your research and prioritizing which runes you want to go for first.

MrZann

09-29-2010

Might suck but play normal games until you have 2-3 full runepages. Probably doing something like midiout's suggestion then working on runes for either specific champions you main or specific roles like tank, jungler, support, etc

Hank Evans

09-29-2010

Well I have 19% crit out of the gate with my crit page. I use my crit page right now for every champ except casters/mages.

I would never do crit damage for the fact that I usualyl build IE on gang.

My lvl 10 im usually upwards 60% crit if my cards are played right. Thats pretty big.

I was thinking armor pen, but most champs I play have terrible mana pools. So i was thinking maybe pulling a few runes, getting 15% crit without items and then subbing some armor pen or maybe more mp5

Someone said mp5/LEVEL? arent they maxed at like 1.4mp/5 @ 18? Isnt that alot worse? MP5 runes straight up are .45 iirc.( ig uess depending on what color)

That on top of always building a chalice, should be only 6 or so of thsoe runes to make it viable early game before chalice.

macsauce

09-29-2010

For a fun gangplank or shaco page, try buying a full set of crit damage runes, I believe you can get up to around 40%, that plus talents, plus an IE make your crits just plain gross.

Hank Evans

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odekuun View Post
Depends on what runes you're aiming for. If you want expensive runes, like flat health quints, cdr blues, and dodge yellows, you have done it very wrong.

Certain runes are just way more expensive than others--I bought mana regen/level yellows and blues over the past few weeks without playing much at all, on top of buying Morgana. If I were to, say, aim for those three health quints I've been putting off, I'd have to put in triple the time. Would that be worth it?

Think of it this way--every game from now on you're tangibly improving your abilities. I advise doing your research and prioritizing which runes you want to go for first.
Well I know what I want. I want a crit page, that I guess ill revamp into crit/armor pen because I use this page for several characters.

Then ide like a mage(AP, magic pen, mp5) page

And ideally a tank(shen morde) page with hp runes, hp5, ect..

and maybe 1 straight up mana page for support characters.

Satiriques

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Evans View Post
Well I have 19% crit out of the gate with my crit page. I use my crit page right now for every champ except casters/mages.

I would never do crit damage for the fact that I usualyl build IE on gang.

My lvl 10 im usually upwards 60% crit if my cards are played right. Thats pretty big.

I was thinking armor pen, but most champs I play have terrible mana pools. So i was thinking maybe pulling a few runes, getting 15% crit without items and then subbing some armor pen or maybe more mp5

Someone said mp5/LEVEL? arent they maxed at like 1.4mp/5 @ 18? Isnt that alot worse? MP5 runes straight up are .45 iirc.( ig uess depending on what color)

That on top of always building a chalice, should be only 6 or so of thsoe runes to make it viable early game before chalice.
Tbh, with mp5 runes you won't need chalice unless you spam your spells for no reasons

Hank Evans

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsauce View Post
For a fun gangplank or shaco page, try buying a full set of crit damage runes, I believe you can get up to around 40%, that plus talents, plus an IE make your crits just plain gross.
IE maxes out your crit dmg by itself..

edit: or does it just increases the max crit dmg to 200% if you get the items to support it right?

Parricidium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2010

It's wise to get a base set of defensive/utility mix runes just as a default if you plan on spending so much IP on champs. Runes make a difference. I didn't think they did before I bought them - I was wrong.

Hank Evans

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satiriques View Post
Tbh, with mp5 runes you won't need chalice unless you spam your spells for no reasons
Im only going to get a few mp5 runes though. Not a section or page of them.

Satiriques

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Evans View Post
Im only going to get a few mp5 runes though. Not a section or page of them.
Most of people either buy blue or yellow mp5, but it's all about preference.