Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Did I do this wrong?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hank Evans

09-29-2010

I bought way too many champs I think. I have almsot all of them. Because of this, my rune pages suck. I dont know if I just dont play enough, or win enough, or whatever, but I dont even have 1 full rune page(of what ide realistically like to have). Im almost done with my crit page for Gangplank. I just now realized how the color coordination works. Red good for physical, yellow defense, blue magic ect. I f'ed that up a bit because I was gonna go crit chance runes on the whole page.

Now i realize I should do crit on 2, with quints, then maybe 1 section for mp5 or hr5, or maybe health?

Draktok

09-29-2010

I did the same, I've got all the champs but jax cause i HATED him and Garen because i HATE him. My rune page was pretty awful until about 700 games or so and I had the IP to start buying some ;P

Runes are not needed to be good at this game. For the most part, they help in players weak spots - some people aren't great early game. Or help fill in a champs flaws such as huge mana issues. They are not needed what so ever.

For gang, I roll mp5 / level yellow, cdr blue, armor pen red and quints. But my early game would be alot better if i had crit quints, i'm sure.

MXVII

09-29-2010

Having all the champions is not necessarily a bad thing. With a vast amount of champions at your disposal, your knowledge of them will more than likely exceed those who only play most champions on free rotation thus giving you a tactical advantage. Believe me, it makes a huge difference.

Satiriques

09-29-2010

I've bought red arpen/mpen and blue, yellow mp5 since they're cheap. Works well for me for my all champion. But I've heard crit runes are overated and I never play gangplank.

Draktok

09-29-2010

what ever you do don't go crit damage. I believe someone did the math crafting proving that armor pen was better than crit damage until you've reached a certain amount of AD, which isn't worth it.

Wildwinds

09-29-2010

You're doing it wrong.

Madman Reborn

09-29-2010

You really should buy armor penetration over crit for the simple fact that it is easier to buy crit change items then it is armor penetration.

Liz Vicious

Recruiter

09-29-2010

All the cool kids buy the two hero packs and then buy runes with IP.

midiout

09-29-2010

Page one:

Armor Pen - Red
Dodge - Yellow
Flat Cooldown Reduction - Blue
Health - Purple/Black

Page 2:

Magic Pen - Red
Dodge - Yellow
Health - Purple/Black

This way, you have runes that will work for every champion. Nothing to specific like mana regen, or ability power. It's what I use and I don't see myself ever buying runes again.

Siegfryd

09-29-2010

Quote:
midiout:
Page one:

Armor Pen - Red
Dodge - Yellow
Health - Purple/Black

Page 2:

Magic Pen - Red
Dodge - Yellow
Health - Purple/Black

This way, you have runes that will work for every champion. Nothing to specific like mana regen, or ability power. It's what I use and I don't see myself ever buying runes again.

Mana regen are hardly specific, there's only like 8 champions who don't use mana. They really help with early game too compared to dodge, dodge isn't that good in my opinion because it relies on the RNG and you can't dodge a lot of things.