Is Armor Penetration Runes Important?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keyaithewarrior

09-29-2010

Apparently the Chick-fi-a Cows are now playing League of Legends.

r431

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateynate View Post
They help me out ALOT with olaf especially early game.
If you're unsure you could always buy garen and not worry about runes :L just sayin'
GL with your decision!:P
I got Garen.. so far only 1 defeat with him... :s

ok, i'm considering the runes... bye ezreal...

Grashtar

09-29-2010

Does they gives

OHSHI

fforrresstt

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by r431 View Post
Does they gives you a huge boost to your DPS? As question.

Thanks. Cuz I'm now staring at the Shop and wondering what to do with my 3k-ish IP.
go to school kid. Stop pretending to be sick for mom.

Contralize

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2010

^u mad

midiout

09-29-2010

Yes, they is. I say you get them, they does good.

Odekuun

Adjudicator

09-29-2010

Xin Zhao definitely needs armor penetration marks. I would advise armor penetration quintessences as well, but those depend on your playstyle. Remember that his ultimate, and his knock up, are entirely physical damage.

Also, most heroes start with very little armor at the beginning of the game. If you stack armor penetration marks, you will be dealing true damage against a lot of heroes for the first few levels.

The build I use for Xin Zhao eventually has 70 armor penetration with 30 more on Sword of the Divine's active ability.

MemoryLapse

09-29-2010

I think they are one of the most effective group of runes you can buy. I use a full 29 armor pen on most phys dps heroes I play.

Drimascus

09-29-2010

Can someone explain why armor penetration runes are good? The maximum penetration you can get with runes is somewhere around 25 right? Doesn't that equate to +25 physical damage dealt? That doesn't seem very impressive.

Dr Troll

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drimascus View Post
Can someone explain why armor penetration runes are good? The maximum penetration you can get with runes is somewhere around 25 right? Doesn't that equate to +25 physical damage dealt? That doesn't seem very impressive.

It doesn't equate to +25 damage, it equates to removed 25 armor. So let's say they have (I'm making this up because I really don't know the exact values) 80 armor and have 40% damage reduction of all physical attacks; if you removed 25 armor they might take something like 15% more damage. At level one its pretty easy to have enough armor pen to almost completely nullify an opponent's starting armor, making them take full damage from your attacks.