When some one first picks morde

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hank Evans

Senior Member

09-29-2010

Morde
FoN
Randuins
Abys Scepter
Magic Pen Boots
Sunfire or Frozen Mallet

game dot over


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CLTY PanDa

Senior Member

09-29-2010

What are you talking about? What kind of champ is he supposed to be then, huh? Physical dps?

It's not like there is a category for champs that can absorb damage, but not protect the carries. Like soak or off-tank.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Draktok

Senior Member

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Evans View Post
Morde
FoN
Randuins
Abys Scepter
Magic Pen Boots
Sunfire or Frozen Mallet

game dot over
That's a very farmed build, and while it is VERY effective, as soon as the enemy team just walks past him and kills his team mates like they SHOULD, he won't be that hard to kill. However, strong focus on who he ghosts can turn fights around very easily.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Draktok

Senior Member

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLobodomy View Post
What are you talking about? What kind of champ is he supposed to be then, huh? Physical dps?

It's not like there is a category for champs that can absorb damage, but not protect the carries. Like soak or off-tank.
Physical dps or off-tank would be better. Rolling a tank with no cc is a bad idea. Having someone who can soak up damage is nice, but it's not going to help your team if the enemy team knows how to focus - at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Odekuun

Adjudicator

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxblackixx View Post
lol? i saw by myself 2 sunfires "attacking" trist level 18 she took 1 square per second...
That's not just sunfire capes then.

1 square = 100 health. Two sunfires is more than likely only going to be 50-60 dps. Less if your opponents actually build balanced builds.

Edit: "Tank" would better be separated into several aspects. Morde can disrupt enemy formations and really get in a carry's face. So he can initiate and force enemies to reposition. He can't prevent his own carries and support from being attacked though. So he's not fully a tank.

Why is it so necessary to everyone that each character has a cut and dry role? Very few heroes can fulfill all the duties of "tank".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Draktok

Senior Member

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odekuun View Post
That's not just sunfire capes then.

1 square = 100 health. Two sunfires is more than likely only going to be 50-60 dps. Less if your opponents actually build balanced builds.

Edit: "Tank" would better be separated into several aspects. Morde can disrupt enemy formations and really get in a carry's face. So he can initiate and force enemies to reposition. He can't prevent his own carries and support from being attacked though. So he's not fully a tank.

Why is it so necessary to everyone that each character has a cut and dry role? Very few heroes can fulfill all the duties of "tank".
This is why i'd put him as physical dps and off tank, i would not start a game vs competent opponents without another tank however.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CLTY PanDa

Senior Member

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draktok View Post
Physical dps or off-tank would be better. Rolling a tank with no cc is a bad idea. Having someone who can soak up damage is nice, but it's not going to help your team if the enemy team knows how to focus - at all.
I was being sarcastic :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kixxie

Senior Member

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Evans View Post
If a Morde built 5 sunfires ide LoL at him.

Morde CAN be played as a tank, but hes not a tank. I play Morde tank, but still get abys scepter and magic pen boots. I never get over 3500-4k hp tho. Especially if they have someone with Madreds.
The best morde's always get sorc boots no matter what.

rofl.

I've always built him tanky and had no problem with him, most people run past me, ignore me, while I get my slave, and everyone else is dead, I proceed to rollface.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Paco Deth

Senior Member

09-29-2010

Morde is NOT a physical DPS, and people that build him that way are baddies. All of his "good" spell are based off of AP and do Magic Damage(W,E,R), only his Mace of Spades Q is based off of AD. Sunfire Morde is also a fail build, he works alot better with high resists and high health regen. You let his Shield do the tanking, not his health bar, this prevents Madreds and KogMows from destroying him. Build as much Tank as you can on him, then start going MPen or some AP so he can actually do some decent damage late game (+AP also greatly helps his puppets!).

Morde is more of an off-tank, carry, and pusher. He is nearly unmatched in pushing abilities, has great early game harass, but doesn't do much late game and has NO CC. No CC makes him a very bad Main Tank, this is why champions like Alistar, Amumu, ChoGath, Galio, Malphite, Rammus, Shen, and Singed are considered main tanks because they have some good CC (Crowd Control, stuns, taunts, slows) to initiate a fight with, or protect the carries.

And the OP is right, you should at least add one more off-tank, if not a full tank champ.


12