how to carry as an ADC?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Catavatar131

10-20-2012

If you want to win bot lane, get a friend who can play support well and duo Q.

Duo Q bot lane can snowball just like top and mid can. Win your lane, secure dragons and start warding up the enemy teams blue.

The sad thing is, even if you are winning lane unless you are helping your team-mates it isn't enough to win. By securing dragon by double killing the opposing bot and making it difficult for the enemy mid to freely get blue buff, you are helping your team.

It doesn't work all the time, sometimes your top will feed something like Rengar, who will then kill you for the rest of the game. It happens :[

Hirumonogatari

10-20-2012

if my top lane is winning and winning hard, instinctively i will play more defensively and make sure that bot doesn't snowball. ive seen my opponents behave aggressively from level 1-5 and then suddenly turn passive when their top goes 4/0. they are willing to miss cs even at at times.

also, once top or mid is fed they can pretty much 1 v 5 the whole team. i'm sure everyone has seen the 22/0 olafs and trynds that just come in by the side and start demolishing everyone, single-handedly. i don't think i can do that as an ADC. plus if my team doesn't peel for me, i'm as good as insta-gib.

all this talk about duo-queue isn't really the solution, although it is a good one. i mean, everyone talks about how there you should be trying your best to carry the team, right? if you have to duo queue bot to carry, does that mean solo queue is doomed?

DaedalusHigh

10-20-2012

Being a good ADC depends all on fundamentals.There isn't that much science to ADCs, demonstrating how well a person knows basic concepts of the game.

For runes, I'd get Armor pen, flat Armor, and flag Magic Resists.

As for Summoner Skills, I'd recommend Flash/Exhaust/Ghost/Surge depending on the situation. Flash will often take priority because a good number of ADCs do not have escape mechanisms (this is what makes Corki/Ezreal desired with Graves and Vayne following closely. They have massive dmg output with flexible chase/escape skills and a touch of CC).

Early to mid game revolves on last hits and building farm. You want to grab whatever kills you can, but these will be set up for you with someone else or a response to enemies overextending their play. Fundamentals here are just being able to get $$$.

End game demonstrates your understanding of prioritizing targets.

So you see...Early game sets you up for the rest of the game. You capitalize where you can, then in mid game you roam/farm again with your team, then end game you're mowing down. However, your decision making throughout the game factors in. Did you get ganked? Do you know when to back off and chase? This determines your ability as an effective ADC: Decision Making.

jetpotion

03-12-2013

Adc is the hardest to get to carry.but once you get your items holy **** you carry the hardest our of all roles.

Míley Dyrus

03-12-2013

This might sound overused, but stay out of the fight until your enemies use their bursts. Bad ADCs think this means stand behind the team- NOPE. Stand *out of the fight*- at least a Vi's ult distance away from the closest player, until they use their abilities.
If your team can't survive that long, they lost their lanes too hard and there's nothing you can do.

i luv cream soda

12-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtDZ View Post
you can win just as hard or more then the lanes losing to be honest. If your winning only slightly then you'll give your team a slight advantage (at least for ADC). If you go 8-0 bot lane in 10 minutes you'll be a terror too.

You should position well and your team should peel for you. Shaco jump you? have your team stun. I find myself outbursting kat rather easily. Leblanc is another story entirely i stay out of range and buy a negatron cloak. If shes jumping towards me shes gunna get stunned by a teammate and brought down.

Apart from improving your laning abilities. If your support is willing to try to promote objectives (such as tower, enemy buffs, and dragon with the advantage you've gained from winning bot lane. It will help your team vastly even if your other lanes are losing.

P.S. many games are unwinnable in solo queue
I'm the adc that goes 8-0 10 minutes in to the game but I always seem to lose and by late game I am scary and carrying I just still can't win.

White Wolfy

12-29-2013

One thing I've noticed in Bronze/Silver leagues is that a lot of people lack basic positioning.

As an ADC you understand your role is simply this: "Deal as much damage to the enemy team the safest way possible."
If it is safe to do so, then by all means, aim the Annie over the Shen but it is not your job to put yourself at risk to kill Annie.
As an ADC people are going to throw themselves at you, so do your absolute best to kite (attack, move backwards, attack, move backwards, etc.) and stay alive. You should be trying to position yourself so that they have to go through your team to get to you. This is a good way to get your team mates to peel for you without having to necessarily get them to peel for you.

The next advice is to try get your team to take objectives.
For example: You just got a gank from your jungler bottom and you killed both the enemy support and ADC. Now you have to think, do we push and try get the tower or go grab dragon?

As I believe understanding what to do next is key to exploiting your advantage. Just like a snowballing lane should exploit their advantage by helping other lanes get in the lead.

Back to the question at hand, I believe going for dragon is the better choice because getting that first bot tower is much easier than securing a dragon for the team.
So now you have to figure out, can you secure the dragon without dying/losing the dragon to the enemy team?
Simple, look at the map. Where did you last see the jungler? If the answer is top 10 seconds ago. Then by all means, go for the dragon. The enemy mid should not be able to steal the dragon kill. If the answer is no, then can you safely say you have enough HP between the 3 of you to kill the enemy jungler AND mid? If the answer is yes, then go for the dragon kill. However, if the answer is no, then you should go for the tower push bottom.

By all means, this is only a very basic scenario and there a lot of different questions you have to ask yourself and analyse. This is just to show you an example of what I mean by situational decision making and positioning.

These key basics are very powerful tools to help you get out of bronze/silver. That and a good attitude really helps too.