how to carry as an ADC?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hirumonogatari

10-17-2012

Hi, been trying to improve my play lately but haven't been having much luck.

When i play ADC, im ok at farming, freezing land and basic mechanics. however i don't have the impact on the overall map that say, mid or jungler can have, and i don't have the snowbally potential of top.

that means i can be doing pretty well in lane, getting maybe 3/2 and 40 more CS than the opponent. but then half the time top goes 0/7 or something similar, and i know i'm going to be useless from then on out. a 7/0 xin or irelia usually just ignores my entire team, ignores my tower and straight dives for me with their mobility, and they can get out of it without problems, too.

the same goes for mid. a 5/0 mid showing up in a teamfight just means i get insta-gibbed. it doesn't help that at least 3 members of my team will be off chasing the tank i was attacking. they show up from a bush, jump on me and i'm dead. even if i take my own gold to buy the wards and see them coming there's not much i can do about it. i cannot match the burst of shaco, kat or leblanc.

how would you guys contribute any about 20 minutes into the game when facing such situations?

ArtDZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

you can win just as hard or more then the lanes losing to be honest. If your winning only slightly then you'll give your team a slight advantage (at least for ADC). If you go 8-0 bot lane in 10 minutes you'll be a terror too.

You should position well and your team should peel for you. Shaco jump you? have your team stun. I find myself outbursting kat rather easily. Leblanc is another story entirely i stay out of range and buy a negatron cloak. If shes jumping towards me shes gunna get stunned by a teammate and brought down.

Apart from improving your laning abilities. If your support is willing to try to promote objectives (such as tower, enemy buffs, and dragon with the advantage you've gained from winning bot lane. It will help your team vastly even if your other lanes are losing.

P.S. many games are unwinnable in solo queue

Mr Fáhrenheit

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtDZ View Post
you can win just as hard or more then the lanes losing to be honest. If your winning only slightly then you'll give your team a slight advantage (at least for ADC). If you go 8-0 bot lane in 10 minutes you'll be a terror too.

You should position well and your team should peel for you. Shaco jump you? have your team stun. I find myself outbursting kat rather easily. Leblanc is another story entirely i stay out of range and buy a negatron cloak. If shes jumping towards me shes gunna get stunned by a teammate and brought down.

Apart from improving your laning abilities. If your support is willing to try to promote objectives (such as tower, enemy buffs, and dragon with the advantage you've gained from winning bot lane. It will help your team vastly even if your other lanes are losing.

P.S. many games are unwinnable in solo queue

Agree 100% with this guy ^^

Hirumonogatari

10-17-2012

so if your team doesn't peel for you, you're useless?

that doesn't happen at my level. so i guess i'm going to be useless for a large part of the game.. =S

ArtDZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSZHUNG View Post
so if your team doesn't peel for you, you're useless?

that doesn't happen at my level. so i guess i'm going to be useless for a large part of the game.. =S
agaisnt shaco not really useless you can just beat shaco straight up, but if they have a bruiser with gap close like jax who has reasonable farm then your just screwed if your team doesn't help you. Tell your team to peel for you. If your at low level they probably don't know what to do in teamfights.

ForWhileImBanned

10-17-2012

Dont play a team dependent champ when you're at a point where you can't depend on your team. Tanky dps works best, of if you have mad skills, an assassin. Win your lane, then go help other lanes win. Then win the game.

doombotMECHA

10-17-2012

yeah in low elos the melees kick ass---trynd, jax, irelia, yi--simply because beating them is a team thing
so you might not want to play ADC

Hirumonogatari

10-18-2012

it can't be that simple, or everyone would run a team of 5 melees and just facestomp the enemy all the time?

support is reliant on the ADC being halfway competant, as you can support all you want in the world but fail miserably if your ADC can't last hit if his life depended on it. and now ADC is unviable unless the team itself is halfway competant because you just end up feeding?

doesn't that mean bot lane is completely useless then. certainly something isn't right in this equation.

Magus Crow

10-18-2012

Bottom lane is pretty useless so long as the team is unable to support it. There are reasons that most people carry to high ELO in solo que by avoiding bottom like the plague.

iDpark

10-18-2012

Ehh. wrong. See, the thing is that people at lower elo's have huge differences between players.
At 2500 elo, everyone is a good player.
at 1200 or 850, not so much.

Try and duo queue with a friend.
And remember, If you play support (and are good at it) and you do get a decent adc, you almost always win.
Same with adc.

People want to feel like they make a difference in games, hence why mid and top are picked so much.
Top really doesn't have a huge impact until teamfights. Mid can gank sidelanes. Jungler can get lanes fed. Bot lane has dragon control.

People who say botlane is useless.....believe in elo hell too much.