Question about Shen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FaerellG

10-19-2012

Yeah, that's the problem with support Shen right now. They nerfed the CC duration on his taunt and they increased the cooldown at early levels so his support capability is much weaker than it used to be. If they buffed his taunt then that would make his gank and jungle escape capabilities much stronger, as well as making his solo-top presence strong enough to be an auto-ban again.

That being said, I don't recommend playing him as support right now unless you have a very self sufficient AD.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

You simply have to have an aware ADC, who recognizes when you're ulting.

If you need to go save somebody, odds are at least 2 members of the opposing team, and usually 3, are far from bot lane, so your carry only has to worry about his lane opponents.

The vorpal blade actually provides decent sustain in lane, provided your carry takes advantage of it(although it can result in pushing, but I actually don't see that happen too often).

Between taunt and shield, you can also usually peel for your carry rather well, if you need to, and I seem to provide slightly more damage on Shen then I do on other supports, so focusing the carry instead of the support shen is often more dangerous then with other supports.

I do agree that other supports are probably better choices in general, but the games where I play support shen are when I have an early pick and I know my top and jungle aren't going to play him(if they are, I simply trade them). This creates some confusion for the other team as they try to counter pick, as well as denying Shen to them. So it's not just about the laning capability - the support shen has a strategic aspect as well.

NukedWhale

10-19-2012

Other supports might be better, but I really like playing support Shen. He's a really fun champion to play!