Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Question about Shen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Qomic

10-16-2012

what do you fellow players recommend for solo top shen using bruiser style build, witts trinity sunfire etc,

MARKS = magic pen runes or attack speed runes? in that case which mastery, magic or armor pen?

FaerellG

10-17-2012

AS is better. More AS, more frequent Ki-strike procs.

Mr Fáhrenheit

10-17-2012

Attack Speed. Thats what i use!

PracticalPotato

10-17-2012

Wit's or Ionic is a very good early bruiser item, depending on whether you're up against AP or AD (usually AD). AS means more Ki Strike!

Qomic

10-18-2012

awesome thanks for the tips guys

NukedWhale

10-18-2012

Good to know, I've always been using MPEN, but I think I will switch to AS.

FaerellG

10-18-2012

FYI, there's nothing explicitly wrong with Mpen. It makes his Q and E hurt a lot more, but if you want to go for magic damage, you might as well get raw AP as it will help your W and R as well.

Currently though the way DPS adds up, auto attacking just plain generates more damage when you tack on a chunk of ki-strike rather than focusing on QE-Ki-Strike harass.

NukedWhale

10-18-2012

Typically when I play Shen I support bottom. (Folks laugh at support Shen until I start kicking serious butt.)

Anyways, would you recommend AS or MPEN on my support shen? When I'm bottom I typically buy tank gear.

FaerellG

10-19-2012

Support shen is doable. And it's not too bad, but it's mostly meant as a kill lane, utilizing his Q to poke them down then CCing them with E so you can properly murder your opponents.

I would recommend straight AP and HP. So, lets keep in mind your primary functions as support:
Keep your Carry alive.
Harass your opponents, and possibly go for a kill.

Your healing from your Q is bases on your HP, so building raw HP helps that. It also lets you face-tank more damage early game. (raw HP is more valuable early game, while resistances are more valuable late game)

AP increases the damage on your Q and E. Let's not worry about your R and W yet, though they get AP ratios as well, they don't come into play until the laning phase is mostly over. You can't really afford to be spamming your W in a laning situation.

So to that effect, I recommend AP or HP on your reds.
Your yellows should be armor and your blues should be magic resistance.
Your quints should either be MS or Gold per 10.

NukedWhale

10-19-2012

Thanks FaerellG. Agreed, a support Shen lane does tend to get a lot of kills.

I do feel like I get a lot of clean up kills, and the ADC seems to die more than with other supports. However, early game, my ADC deaths seem to result in 1 for 2 exchanges.