Nasus Vs.Garen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mogar42

09-29-2010

ive played several games as nasus v garen solo and partnered laned and um how should i put this garen is WAY WAYYYYY BETTER
its honestly just stupid how an IDENTICALY Spec'ed and geared garen can dps nasus under the table with NO EFFORT SKILL OR SRATAGEY honeslty wtf i know nasus is a late game champ but why is garen so good early game oh and compare ults garen will always win
wanna balance garen.....GIVE HIM MANA AND HUGE MANA COSTS like nasus

Xyltin

09-29-2010

Garen is strong early game while Nasus has problems early.
Nasus is a good farmer at lvl 3-5, so start farming like hell and dont feed Garen.

When you are doing it right Garen wont get strong mid-end game and you are strong with your farming.

Use your slow to get away from Judgement and use your AOE to famr and to stop his Passive. Stack your SS up and activate it before he silences you.

GET ARMOR (THORNMAIL) and MS early.

Rephanz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2010

As nasus
Hit level 6
Watch garen over extend with judgement
Pop your ultimate and lay down spirit fire
Spam Siphoning Strike
Wither him as he starts to turn around and run
Pop your ghost and follow him
Garen dies
Profit by eating all the minions in the lane and double killing his lane partner while you were by yourself.
Continuously dominate top lane while your jungler jungles.
Team congratulates you
Your Teemo feeds middle.
You lose anyways.

Visualcode

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2010

Rephanz:
First, you can't exactly "spam" siphoning strike.
Second, he can spin out of wither.
Third, that's if you have ghost.
Fourth, Garen has already killed you.

Laning against Garen as Nasus is not so great. Garen can push very hard and at best you are 0/0/0. By level 6 you don't have the gold for anything like thornmail so he's still pushing. He can take you down a VERY good amount very quickly. If his team-mate is there, you don't want to try chasing him, not for a second.

Cooky Monsta

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rephanz View Post
As nasus
Hit level 6
Spam Siphoning Strike
Garen dies
Profit by eating all the minions in the lane and double killing his lane partner while you were by yourself.
Team congratulates you
Your Teemo feeds middle.
You lose anyways.
QFT.
Please don't compair an early game champion to a late-ish game champion and complain there are balance issues in the lane, and Nasus completely rolf-stomps garen at level 6. Endgame you can completely ignore him, blow up your R button, and 2 shot his squishys with some 350 (from ult+base) AD auto attacks n 380 bonus damage(150 minion kills aint hard, get blue buff for maximum awsome)+trinity force siphon strikes.
..... enjoy.

Rephanz

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visualcode View Post
Rephanz:
First, you can't exactly "spam" siphoning strike.
Second, he can spin out of wither.
Third, that's if you have ghost.
Fourth, Garen has already killed you.

Laning against Garen as Nasus is not so great. Garen can push very hard and at best you are 0/0/0. By level 6 you don't have the gold for anything like thornmail so he's still pushing. He can take you down a VERY good amount very quickly. If his team-mate is there, you don't want to try chasing him, not for a second.
Forgot to read where it says wait for judgement to be used as Garen over extends himself for extra points of damage

Apparently I was unaware of Garen's new 1 second CD on judgement.

Second, why do you not have ghost as Nasus honestly? What other summoner spell would you possibly need?

Third, Garen has killed you with what damage? What does garen possibly do after you avoid his judgement? Q me real hard? I don't even? He wouldn't be level 6 in a 2 v 1 lane. Even if he were level 6 his ult first level is a joke.

Also, thornmail on Nasus, why? I hope you aren't getting this for Garen with his l337 .8 possible attack speed and measly auto attacks. I find this armor irrelevant when I can get utility from my armor items.

And how can you not be farmed as Nasus? Level 3-4 spirit fire consistently wipes out nearly every minion aside from the cannon minion.

Edit - Almost forgot, you could easily use siphoning strike 2-3 times in the length of item it takes Garen to get back to his tower. And with your SHEEN, you will drop his health in comical increments.

If all of this fails wait for his signature tower dive then pop your ultimate.

Revenith

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rephanz View Post
As nasus
Hit level 6
Spam Siphoning Strike
Garen dies
Team congratulates you
Your Teemo feeds middle.
You lose anyways.
the teemo part made me lol had that happen earlier though it was top lane and they lost 2 turrets in under 10 mins laning...*facepalm*

HulkingBrute

09-29-2010

Why would you build nasus the same as garen?

Trinity force and go.

facepalmextreme

09-29-2010

I agree early and mid game garen is a ton better than nasus, but nasus is so useful. late mid to late game.

don't need a healer, rocking auras (either starks or aegis), at least 30% lifesteal from your passive, a slow off of a phage proc, a pretty much free exhaust from wither.

I had a 2v5 with a friendly janna and myself that took place in the middle of her ultimate for half the fight... guess who won?

GoodSewed

Recruiter

09-29-2010

Nasus win)