Is Jungle Malphite Still Viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

themaddscientist

10-16-2012

For a beginning jungler, and somewhate even now, Malphite was a great option as a jungler. However, I have been running into the issue that Malphite's early ganks just don't work out so well, so it seems I'm really dependent on whether my team can carry themselves rather than me helping them by ganking. He still kicks some major butt in mid-late game, but I'm wondering how viable he is compared to what is currently used as a jungler at the moment. Thank you for your input.

SavageWolves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

I think he is perfectly viable as a jungler. He's one of the junglers I used to get Gold ELO.

His early ganks are reasonable, but once he gets his ult the game more or less goes in your favor.

duh374

10-16-2012

Why yes, I just played a game with jungle malphite and did excellent. we did however lose the game due to a solotop fiora who did bad and a diana who went support. (wtf?) Firstly I recommend practicing jungle jax first, as somehow learning jungling on jax helped me play malphite jungle, which I used to be terrible at.I rocommend maxing w and e first, I typically do w, because the armor buff massively increases e damage anyways, in addition to increased dps and survivability.

lastchancexi

10-16-2012

I've done perfectly well with him as jungle. I feel like the biggest problem with him is that he needs too many items (sunfire, Abyssal).

ArtDZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

It depends on team composition. I would say he isn't a very ideal jungler because junglers get very little gold (unless you take a buncha kills). Champs that roll well with gp/10 items and have kits that are very strong with minimal gold tend to be the better choice. Malphite jungle is feasible; however, you'll find that he falls well short in pre-6 ganks compared to the better junglers. His clear is pretty slow without blue as well which may be a issue with your mid.

Mr Fáhrenheit

10-17-2012

Rather have him as a top. But he is viable...

Rethice

10-17-2012

A friend of mine rolls jungle Malphite, and I've he's performed well 8 times out of 10. His Q and R make for great ganks.

Warrrrax

10-19-2012

Mao seems to be more popular after Malph's many many many nerfs and crappy scaling. Mao is fairly similar in some ways. He lacks the anti-attack speed goodness, but gains bushchecking/semi-ward/poke utility, AoE damage reduction, and has a pretty strong ganking combo with the snare/knockback towards your tower/doublesaplinghit. Plus all his **** scales properly with AP so he benefits from tanky AP items like Rod of ages, Abyssal, etc.