Lu Bu's guide to League Snacking

1234511 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

Hey guys, Lu Bu the OP Villain from your nightmares here with a guide to HEALTHY snacking while playing league!(Yeah, I lured you into a healthy food thread.)

First things first, the "why?"

Why? Cause I want to. I honestly want to share this knowledge with you guys because I'm surrounding by gamers all day every day and I care about them. They, you, are my people. We share similar interests and bonds and we play together day in and day out and as a chef, if there's one thing I'm most concerned about in life, its what people are putting in their bodies. I give a ****. I see what gamer's eat and it bothers me, intrinsically, because I need gamers to live past 30. I don't want to be the last gamer. I don't want our culture to end with this generation. We need gamers to have gamer kids and gamer families an in order for us to be healthy we need to pay attention to what we're eating. That's my MLK speech. Me, you, and food.
I think this thread fits perfectly in General Discussion. While it's not related to the League-game DIRECTLY, its more than directly related to the league players and their lives. I think that any semantic debate otherwise would be seen past, as this thread helps all summoners.

SO, this is a list of great food to eat while playing League of Legends. No mess food that you can handle with one hand that won't cause you to stop looking at the minimap and get ganked in the meantime.
Now for the "What?"

1. GRAPES
Grapes are the ****. Grapes are low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium and are also a good source of Vitamin C and Vitamin K. Grapes are hassle-free, if they're seedless, and if not, get a cup. You don't need to look at the bowl of grapes on your desk to grab one. You don't need to cut them. You don't have to move your head, take off your headset, use two hands or even pay any mind to making a mess with grapes. So yeah, eat some grapes. Grapes do have sugars in them so it's a mixed bag with some added energy but also extra calories, but pound for pound, grapes beat everything for eating and gaming. Seriously. Get some.

2. NUTS, BRO.
"Nuts are underrated as nutritious snacks — particularly raw tree nuts, such as almonds, cashews, walnuts, and more, which have been linked to lower cholesterol, better heart health, weight control, and even a lower cancer risk." Nuts are crazy good for you. They're natural anti-oxidant heart helping super-food that can aid you in weight loss and fill you up during a late night gaming run. Best Choice? WALNUTS. Especially if you don't like fish cause WALNUTS are chock full of omega 3 fatty acids that, if you ain't hurd yet, fight inflammation and will make your over-all gaming a more comfortable experience. Other good nuts? Cashews(my fave), Almonds, Pecans(not pecan pie), Brazil(hue) nuts, and Macadamias. A bag of mixed nuts is a bag of healthy delicious options that you would be crazy(GETIT) to pass up. That's a lot of nuts.

3. HOMEMADE HUMMUS
"Hummus also contain about 20 essential Amino Acids, including large dosages of Tryptophan,
Phenylalanine and Tyrosine, a threesome that makes it, surprisingly, a potential substitute for Prozac and the such. Omega 3 too was found to be effective in treatment for minor mood disorders, such as depression and anxiety."
WHATDOES THAT MEAN LU BU?!
That means that people eating some good-ass hummus are going to be in a better mood. They're going to be more friendly. More honourable. You get what I'm saying, here? Hummus will make your entire team's gaming experience more enjoyable. Not pre-made hummus though. That stuff in (most) stores is gross.
Here is an easy Hummus recipe for you:
http://humus101.com/EN/2006/10/14/hummus-recipe/Remember that you can add spices of your choice to the recipe to flavour it up nicely.
Now I'm reading your mind. You're saying:
"This LU BU guy is an idiot. What am I gonna do, eat the hummus with my bare hands?! Then it gets on the keyboard! MINUS ONE I HOPE THIS THREAD IS CLOSED! :["
Hold the ****ing phone guys. You eat hummus with

4. CARROTS AND CELERY! BUY ORGANIC, PLS. WHOLE FOODS FTW.
I don't even need to sell celery(ha!) it sells itself down by the seashore. You can dip these bad mutha-shut yo mouths in the hummus and then pop'em in your mouth for a flavour train to happy town.
FELLAS, CHECK THIS **** OUT
Today, scientists know that celery contains androsterone, a pheromone released by men's sweat glands that attracts females. Boom. I don't even NEED to list more facts, but I'm going to. Why? Cause I ****ing love you guys and your health is always on my mind. I'm Ray Charles and you're my Georgia. <3
CELERY FACTS BRO:
This food is low in Saturated Fat, and very low in Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Pantothenic Acid, Calcium, Magnesium and Phosphorus, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Folate, Potassium and Manganese. Its a 5-star weight-loss food, y'all. No guff, hoss.
AND CARROT FACTS TOO!:
Carrots are about 87% water. BIG UPS TO HYDRATION. This food is very low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Thiamin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate and Manganese, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K and Potassium.
Fiber is gonna keep the rest of this food moving through your body at a good pace. That's important for reasons I'm not going to get into but you're going to realize more of as you turn 30...trust me.

5.TUNA SANDWICH UP IN THIS ***** WHAT!
Canned Tuna(in water, not oil) is the holy grail of meat that is ridiculously healthy for you and also delicious and comes in a can.
It is rich in protein, low in fat and calories and is an excellent source of the essential omega-3 fatty acids which help to lower blood pressure and cholesterol. See a trend? Tuna with mustard is so low-calorie its ****ing stupid. So if you want a sandwich, get some tuna, get some mustard, get some FETA, MOZZ, SWISS, OR COTTAGE CHEESE, Go ape**** on it, shove it in your facehole til your full and be happy that you're not dying of heart disease.

I will update this more as I get time, but I really wanted to write this post and I hope you guys enjoy it. Questions are welcome.

Love,

Lu Bu.

tl;dr too bad. read it. it's important.

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

upvoting lu bu thread. also hai.

Stalyn

Recruiter

10-16-2012

+1 would eat nuts again.

ComanderMolander

10-16-2012

plain cereal is the best snack food, it you find it bland then add salt

Zetasphere

10-16-2012

Oddly enough, barring the tuna (because ew meat), this sounds a lot like my diet. Way to go, Lu Bu.

Zerglinator

10-16-2012

Bookmarked.

And it was K

10-16-2012

I had the Twisted Treeline sandwich for lunch today. It was awesome. Already eating grapes right now.(green, because I'm not a square)

OH NO ITS LU BU

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronicApathy123 View Post
upvoting lu bu thread. also hai.
Hey Chronic!

OH NO ITS LU BU

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by And it was K View Post
I had the Twisted Treeline sandwich for lunch today. It was awesome. Already eating grapes right now.(green, because I'm not a square)
Bold moves all day!

Ran Yakumo

10-16-2012

Upvoted, but knowing this forum's moderators, inb4 banned for posting things not related to LoL.

Attachment 542334

1234511 ... 17