Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ask Her Etwhal (Ask Sona)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iron Ambássador

10-20-2012

Poppy walks over to Sona, bowing respectfully at the Maven.

Greetings Maven of the Strings.
I wonder, what kind of abilities your instrument is capable of besides music and the aspects we know from the fields? It is a most curious instrument, even from the view of a blacksmith and diplomat. An instrument that seems to have a mind of it's own. In a way comparable to the creations of Durand, such as Galio.

Ask Her Etwhal

10-20-2012

Quote:
Iron Ambássador:
Poppy walks over to Sona, bowing respectfully at the Maven.

Greetings Maven of the Strings.
I wonder, what kind of abilities your instrument is capable of besides music and the aspects we know from the fields? It is a most curious instrument, even from the view of a blacksmith and diplomat. An instrument that seems to have a mind of it's own. In a way comparable to the creations of Durand, such as Galio.

Hello Poppy, its good to see you.

Sona sat down, lifting her long robes so that they would not crush together, getting near to Poppy's height so it was easier to talk to her.

Well, for my Etwhal, it actually mostly revolves around the exact thing you speak of. Music. Even the abilities in and out of the field surrounds around that... Sona crossed her arms, closing her eyes, thinking of how to explain it

We speak with each other, me and my Etwhal has a connection, more than just instrument and musician, and certainly deeper than weapon and wielder. Sometimes, when I close my eyes and put my head next to it, I can hear its life, its breathe... Sona unconsciously did that, putting her head next to Etwhal, closing her eyes, listening to its Etwhal's pulse...

Suddenly, Sona's eyes shot open in memory of something. She immediately sat back up, breathing in and out heavily...

I... My apologies for that... Sweat beaded down Sona's cheeks As... I was just getting to... My Etwhal and I work together, speaking to the souls of others. We are... able to manipulate the emotions of the people who listens to us... That is how the most powerful of our abilities lies... You witnessed some yourself Poppy, like my Crescendo. Other abilities revolves around the other physical aspects of our music, like the vibrations... We are able to cause the vibrations to act like knives and cutting through objects...

Sona got out a handkerchief and wiped her face and neck. She was still shaken from what she remembered, though she was calming down.

There are many things me and my Etwhal can do, though as I have said they revolve around the two things I have said... Though I know... If I choose manipulate it... It can be transformed into the darkest of powers...

Iron Ambássador

10-20-2012

Poppy nods, at the explanation but then shakes her head.

There is no need to try and be at my level Sona, but I appreciate the gesture. But you say it has it's own.... pulse? That is intriguing. More like Durand's creations than I first expected. However, I wish that you never turn to use those darker powers. It would be a shame, now wouldn't it? And while you can control others emotions through the instrument.... it doesn't always work on me, now does it? Oh how often I get questions about my "trademark" skill, Diplomatic immunity... some believe it to be magic, others something more. And may I say your music is absolutely enchanting.

Xander Blade

Recruiter

10-21-2012

"this has been an interesting time for the both of us. I wish us both luck in our adventures."

"i guess it would be too much to ask if you knew anything between the solari and the lunari. right now i will take any leads."

Dear Morgana

10-21-2012

How many questions, on average, do you receive each day regarding your chest?

I'd say I got far too many, and I stopped even reading most of them long ago. Ugh...

The amount seems to have fallen off, however. I suppose I should thank you?

In any case, would you care for some pastries for your next Pentakill tour-or whenever you need it?

Ask Her Etwhal

10-21-2012

Quote:
Iron Ambássador:
Poppy nods, at the explanation but then shakes her head.

There is no need to try and be at my level Sona, but I appreciate the gesture. But you say it has it's own.... pulse? That is intriguing. More like Durand's creations than I first expected. However, I wish that you never turn to use those darker powers. It would be a shame, now wouldn't it? And while you can control others emotions through the instrument.... it doesn't always work on me, now does it? Oh how often I get questions about my "trademark" skill, Diplomatic immunity... some believe it to be magic, others something more. And may I say your music is absolutely enchanting.

Sona smiled softly, but her face seems weary. She was still shaken, but after a series of breathing in and out Sona calmed down.

Yes... Thank you Poppy. It was nice speaking with you, do visit again when you are not busy, or perhaps I could visit you, the sound of your hammer and your anvil beats with such symphony.

Quote:
Lord Nevin:
"this has been an interesting time for the both of us. I wish us both luck in our adventures."

"i guess it would be too much to ask if you knew anything between the solari and the lunari. right now i will take any leads."

Yes, it was surely fun. I do apologies I could not help with Diana, she is like that naturally. Perhaps if you show some dedication and heart, it would change her.

Sona thought, though she knew the answer already

I'm sorry Nevin, I do not know much about their relationships. Leona, being the sun, tries to change Diana into a more... light person, while Diana, being the moon, stays in her dim and cold glow... Though you would already know this...

Sona sighed, before continuing Do visit again and tell me about how is your progress with Diana, I sometimes wish myself that she would change, maybe you would be the person...

Quote:
Dear Morgana:
How many questions, on average, do you receive each day regarding your chest?

I'd say I got far too many, and I stopped even reading most of them long ago. Ugh...

The amount seems to have fallen off, however. I suppose I should thank you?

In any case, would you care for some parties for your next Pentakill tour-or whenever you need it?

Sona looked at Morgana and her body, then laughed softly.

I'm not shocked that people would be asking you questions similar to that Morgana, you are quite attractive to many summoners and champions. For now, after my return here, I only have one... perhaps two 'questions' about them. One is from Pantheon, though he quickly left, and another is Rammus, though I would think he doesn't count... Sona giggled, lifting her hand infront of her lips, then continuing to speak through her Etwhal

Though I still remember before that, I have had many of those, to the point I don't remember anymore. I feel your pain Morgana, but that is human nature. Sona sighed, then speaks again, her eyes a bit unfocused and staring into space

Parties would be nice, though the band still havn't planned our next tour. I just came back, so will need to catch up with the rest of the band, though I will inform you of any update...

Sona then looks back at Morgana How is you and Kayle, I hope you two are not still arguing are you?
[/I]

Xander Blade

Recruiter

10-21-2012

" its quite alright, it went worse then i hoped, but much better then i feared.

ah well i figured i would ask. unbiased history between the two beliefes will be hard to come by, especially since there is no known lunari, apart from diana. Supposedly the lunari are thought to be wiped out, but if diana is any indication, they wouldnt seem the type to just die out.

i know there is something there besides a base attraction.i don't have anything concrete yet, but i do know that a Freljord warrior, even an adopted one, doesn't just happen to develop summoner powers and sure doesn't have such a pull to the moon.

I do hope as well, that i can get her to see that this is not just some schoolboy fantasy.

I think i will take your advice on showing dedication and heart. i will do my best to find out how and why I begone to develop these abilities. I just need to find out where to start."

Dear Morgana

10-21-2012

Quote:
Ask Her Etwhal:

Sona looked at Morgana and her body, then laughed softly.

I'm not shocked that people would be asking you questions similar to that Morgana, you are quite attractive to many summoners and champions. For now, after my return here, I only have one... perhaps two 'questions' about them. One is from Pantheon, though he quickly left, and another is Rammus, though I would think he doesn't count... Sona giggled, lifting her hand infront of her lips, then continuing to speak through her Etwhal

Though I still remember before that, I have had many of those, to the point I don't remember anymore. I feel your pain Morgana, but that is human nature. Sona sighed, then speaks again, her eyes a bit unfocused and staring into space

Parties would be nice, though the band still havn't planned our next tour. I just came back, so will need to catch up with the rest of the band, though I will inform you of any update...

Sona then looks back at Morgana How is you and Kayle, I hope you two are not still arguing are you?
[/I]

((PASTRIES! Sorry, typo, meant to say pastries X( ))

Morgana almost laughs.

"Indeed. I don't enjoy most of the 'attention', but I have my own reasons for my method of dress. I could tell you if you like-after all, I wonder about your reasoning as well."

She glowers as Sona mentions Kayle.

"For your own sake, do not speak about that ***** in my presence. Moving on..."

Ask Her Etwhal

10-21-2012

Quote:
Lord Nevin:
" its quite alright, it went worse then i hoped, but much better then i feared.

ah well i figured i would ask. unbiased history between the two beliefes will be hard to come by, especially since there is no known lunari, apart from diana. Supposedly the lunari are thought to be wiped out, but if diana is any indication, they wouldnt seem the type to just die out.

i know there is something there besides a base attraction.i don't have anything concrete yet, but i do know that a Freljord warrior, even an adopted one, doesn't just happen to develop summoner powers and sure doesn't have such a pull to the moon.

I do hope as well, that i can get her to see that this is not just some schoolboy fantasy.

I think i will take your advice on showing dedication and heart. i will do my best to find out how and why I begone to develop these abilities. I just need to find out where to start."

Sona smiled as Nevin spoke, looking into his eyes with energy.

Yes, I hope you the best of luck. You can always come by again if you need help with another song.

Quote:
Dear Morgana:
((PASTRIES! Sorry, typo, meant to say pastries X( ))

Morgana almost laughs.

"Indeed. I don't enjoy most of the 'attention', but I have my own reasons for my method of dress. I could tell you if you like-after all, I wonder about your reasoning as well."

She glowers as Sona mentions Kayle.

"For your own sake, do not speak about that ***** in my presence. Moving on..."

Sona looks at Morgana with disappointment. She did not like arguments, and there proves to be a lot of conflict within the league. The melody that amplifies from the group is never in harmony.

I do apologize Morgana, though I still hoped... Anyway, how have you been recently? I hope your bakery store is having a lot of business. I do hope I can come by for more of your biscuits and cakes. I have shared some with Gentleman Cho'gath recently, we both admire your talent.

Xander Blade

Recruiter

10-21-2012

"thank you sona. now if you will excuse me i must take my leave. i need to do some research, if i can find some concrete evidence of our connection maybe she will listen. i will let you know how things go"