So, uh, Riot, when the LoL MMO?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brogue

10-16-2012

Was just talking to my friend about a LoL fighting game. I don't think an MMO would really work out for LoL...

Wonshikee

10-16-2012

Riot would be better off creating a story driven campaign that 5 people can participate in, with some randomization to make it replayable. Maybe the rewards would be IP with a rare rare chance at a skin?

GrandeGlande

10-16-2012

I want LoL to have a dungeon mode like GW2 dungeons...
Edit: Like the above poster says or alike
Edit 2: today earlier... http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...hlight=dungeon

Danorius

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonshikee View Post
Riot would be better off creating a story driven campaign that 5 people can participate in, with some randomization to make it replayable. Maybe the rewards would be IP with a rare rare chance at a skin?
Diablo?

Alumenlux

10-16-2012

DotA had a lot of custom game modes such as pudge war (equivalent would be 5 Blitzcrank vs 5 Blitzcrank ARAM)

I can think of things like bot game challenges where you have to kill the AI nexus in 15 mins, hide n seek, etc.

Point is there are little things and features that Riot can do for some light-hearted lulz for when we're raging at losing elo. They've already shown some promise in this regard with the proving grounds.

As for a MMO though? No.

FuriousLeftNut

10-16-2012

i could maybe see riot trying their hand at a new game eventually, but LoL should stay as is.

IS1d0031a3c75dca85183eb

10-16-2012

there already is one

http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/1...-that-urf-died

Obama

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

Lol as a full fledged mmo? No, because mmos are on their way out.
I could see Lol turn into a a team combat game in a 3d universe

Wonshikee

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danorius View Post
Diablo?
Similar play style but I was thinking more along the lines of:

You choose a faction, say demecia - then you choose champs that are neutral or demacian and have some simple choices in game that determine the main story, say you end up attacking noxia or defending against them depending how the first battle went (maybe you didn't stop the courier in time), then the champs you end up fighting along the story are randomized as well.

Stuff like that, nothing super branching out, just a way to play with others thats not PvP.