Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So, uh, Riot, when the LoL MMO?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Danorius

10-16-2012

I personally think it would be ridiculously successful. It'd be WoW, but better! People take on roles rather then classes so rather then rogue, hunter, ect., they choose the role support, carry, bruiser, tank, assassin, ect.

Thoughts on a LoL MMO?

Vendorizer

10-16-2012

no

KalastRaven

10-16-2012

Well I think it could be cool.

NotJustOver9000

10-16-2012

Quote:
VA Kalast:
Well I think it could be cool.

NO.

General Quackers

10-16-2012

Over 100 classes to choose from!

Danorius

10-16-2012

Quote:
Vendorizer:
no

Can you justify your no?

EzSkillshot

10-16-2012

Quote:
Original Duck:
Over 100 classes to choose from!

And VERY VERY VERY BALANCED>!!!!!!

pro4never

10-16-2012

No.

league does not have anywhere near the depth to support a fully fledged game that involves story, let alone a compelling multi user world (regardless of MMO or simply ORPG)

look at all the popular MMO's out there.

They require vast amounts of lore, backstory and extended universe to remain compelling (new entries tend to fall flat such as Rift simply because they have to make up the lore 'on the fly'). League is a VERY shallow IP and simply does not have the depth to support such games.

That being said, I'd love to see a fan project or simple single player game made in the league universe to help expand the backstory of the IP.

MadcowDead

10-16-2012

Quote:
Danorius:
Can you justify your no?

Does this help (see attachment)?

But seriously, almost every MMO on the market is just trying to be "WoW but not WoW!" which pretty much means they're just trying to be WoW. The last MMO I played which I genuinely enjoyed was PSO2 and even that got stale after a while. The only way to make an MMO stand out would to be have some truly unique mechanic and calling a rogue an assassin or a class a role isn't going to change things.

Adumu

10-16-2012

No to the MMO, but perhaps a video game with a storyline driven outside of the institute of war.