Why we NEED the possibility to report in C.Select.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mirodir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

I know we have the tribunal now that is supposed to solve every problem with people. Today though I ran into a bunch of trolls in champion-selection (Normal-Draft) that made me dodge in the end. They were this "nice kind of troll" that can really upset you without really insulting you. I guess you know what I mean. We all know those kinds of people.

I copied the whole log when I left to send it to the support. I can't do anything to report them but they ruined the game for me and will probably ruin the game for others too. So I decided to go the old ways and report via support. Let's see where it'll get me:

(I censored the names here, support has them uncensored though. Only my name is original, if I accidentally created someone elses name by mistake when going through then then I'm sorry.)

Quote:
Dear Riot-Support

Since there's no way I can report for anything happening ingame I (playing since closed beta) remembered the good old way to report people back then: Go to the support. Well, here I am.
While nothing too bad happened those players where at least troll enough to get me to queue-dodge and I don't feel like playing anymore today. The trolls have won:

Here's the logs of what they did before I decided that I couldn't go through with this.

ZZponyman joined the room.
blablaywuzzy joined the room.
rockydude joined the room.
Mirodir joined the room.
Filthy XXXX joined the room.
Mirodir: mid
ZZponyman: adc
Filthy XXXX: with a name like mirodir
Filthy XXXX: i have absolutely
Filthy XXXX: no faith
Filthy XXXX: in you mid
Filthy XXXX: at all
Filthy XXXX: who are u even gonna mid?
Filthy XXXX: or can u speak english?
Mirodir: I can
Mirodir: but I don't want to talk to filthy people
rockydude: zing
blablaywuzzy: well played.
Mirodir: go mid if you want to. idc
Filthy XXXX: i dont want mid
Filthy XXXX: but im saying
Filthy XXXX: i have no faith
ZZponyman: me either
ZZponyman: smells like ****, tast like ****... must be ****
Filthy XXXX: whoever is top
Filthy XXXX: please be ****n olaf
Filthy XXXX: ah free week kennen
Filthy XXXX: nice
Mirodir: nope
ZZponyman: wtf
Mirodir: not free week
ZZponyman: bull ****
ZZponyman: dont lie
Mirodir: I can prove it. watch my skin
ZZponyman: omg
ZZponyman: !
blablaywuzzy: is that like watching your feet?
Mirodir: yes
Mirodir: just like that
Filthy XXXX: flash ghost, u must lose a lot
Filthy XXXX: one of the fastest champs in game
Filthy XXXX: and u take flash ghost
Filthy XXXX: mind boggling
ZZponyman: ******* mudbucket
Mirodir: okay guys
Mirodir: you trolled too hard. I'm sorry but I'm not willing to play with you
Mirodir: bye
ZZponyman: bye
Filthy XXXX: thank god
Mirodir: reported too btw

One of them said something like: "haha, you can't report us" while I was already closing the window.

"Mirodir: but I don't want to talk to filthy people"
Was an allusion to his name and it didn't seem to have any effect on his behaviour towards me. The reason why I didn't respond instantly was because I saw I'm second on the list and watched a short video on Youtube until Filthy was done banning.

I hope I'll at least get an answer.

Mirodir

PS. I also opened a thread in the forums about this: (link to this thread)
I'll update this thread with the supports answer as soon as I get it.

Especially this "you can't report us." was getting me upset all over again. Because it showed me that they enjoyed what they did and enjoyed taking the fun out of the game for others. They loved doing it where nobody would really be able to report them. Yes I am hurt easily here, I expect a lot of "Oh, don't be so butthurt" answers. It's been a rough day for me and I wanted to relax playing a few rounds of League and I knew if I played with them and I didn't do a super performance they'd get me completely raging.

Edit: I got an answer. See here

Wulfestopheles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

Just report them after the game saying that he trolled pre-game chat.

Riot has the ability to check the logs themselves.

Mirodir

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfestopheles View Post
Just report them after the game saying that he trolled pre-game chat.

Riot has the ability to check the logs themselves.
Point is that I don't want to sit through at least 20 minutes with them in the game, trashtalking to everyone.
I know they can look them up if they want to. Smaller cases will go through tribunal unseen by any Rioter (said some red-person once).
And if they don't massively troll ingame then they the system will probably regard them as "smaller case" and only people in the trib will see it.
I personally don't know how they are ingame. Maybe they are just as toxic ingame....or they are completely cool.

Cytox

10-16-2012

champion select trolling is common nowadays

Mirodir

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytox View Post
champion select trolling is common nowadays
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirodir
Why we NEED the possibility to report in C.Select.

Wulfestopheles

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirodir View Post
Point is that I don't want to sit through at least 20 minutes with them in the game, trashtalking to everyone.
I know they can look them up if they want to. Smaller cases will go through tribunal unseen by any Rioter (said some red-person once).
And if they don't massively troll ingame then they the system will probably regard them as "smaller case" and only people in the trib will see it.
I personally don't know how they are ingame. Maybe they are just as toxic ingame....or they are completely cool.
Until the system changes, you need to be the good person and make them play.

If you dodge, they'll just re-queue right away, and force someone else to play or dodge.

It's like trash on a beach. It's not your job, but you should still pick up at least one piece.

Mirodir

10-16-2012

Quote:
Until the system changes, you need to be the good person and make them play.

If you dodge, they'll just re-queue right away, and force someone else to play or dodge.

It's like trash on a beach. It's not your job, but you should still pick up at least one piece.
And that's why I'm in the forums, crying for a change in the system.

Figuratively spoken: I'd rather not go to the beach at all if it is dirty than to go there picking up the trash. It's the beaches owner who should remind people who litter and who should scold/charge them if they keep doing it, not the (paying) visitor. But it sure helps to remind them of their bad actions and also to pick up one or the other piece.

tempnameA461

10-16-2012

Quote:
The beach is overrated anyways.

Strawberrycocoa

10-16-2012

I feel your pain, Mirodir. I had a game just last night where some jerkwad declared he would troll the game if he didn't get a solo lane. I had already called mid but we told him he could have his choice of top or jungle. He demands mid, specifically. Fine, I don't want him trolling, so I take top and give him mid.

He feeds 2 kills, then runs away from every teamfight and gank instead of helping, and in one SPECTACULAR instance of fail, he is about to die to Diana AGAIN when I Cataclysm onto her to block her way and save his life. He turns back, runs right to her, and feeds another kill.

Trolls are everywhere, and apparently nobody can stop them from creating more accounts whenever they get banned and trolling more.

Screw more reporting actions, we just need an old fashioned lynch mob.

Duke Br0heimer

10-16-2012

"Pick champ X or we report you"

There are many potentially good features that will never be implemented because people can't handle them responsibly.