How far can one person get from 1200's if...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HaggisOnAStick

09-28-2010

I like Olaf better than Xin for junglan.

Dregen

09-28-2010

Why jungle with Xin when he's such a threat in lane? Get a decent lane partner with stun, taunt, etc, and you will get first blood a majority of the time, bringing ghost + exhaust. People @ low ELO underestimate how quickly Xin can go from innocently farming minions to right up in your face. And he's one of the best turret divers in the game besides vlad/garen.

And trust me, at low ELO there's no shortage of squishy carries for you to feed from. Every game there's a MF, ashe, kog, sona, or gangplank who go pure ad/crit.

And if your team doesn't have a stunner or other cc'er, you lost at champ select.

NSA Datalord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraiserX View Post
They cannot control people feeding in other lanes? Just one of my biggest reasons i try not to solo queue. I dont think i am bad but there is plenty of room for improvement. Other than people dying again and again in other lanes and those who decide to check the jungle when the entire enemy team is mia and constantly die, i tend to enjoy my games. But since one of those 2 scenarios happens so often it leads me to ask how far can i really go?

I have watched some streams where others actually solo and not duo queue and they do get team mates that are lackluster so to speak but they still win more than lose.
There are people in the 1500s and higher who solo queue. Ultimately you can't keep really bad people from wrecking a game, but you can do your best to make sure you're never That Guy, and to exploit the hell out of That Guy on the other team. You can offer advice (but never orders) as to how to die less or itemize better. And as other posters have said, you can gank your weak lane to weaken their opposition.

Kaeoz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
I find Xin Zhao to be an excellent jungler carry. He can gank with a slow, stun, and blink at level 2. He scales with items, and he's durable.
You really haven't tried Xin Zhao jungle lately if you still think he's a viable junglers vs the likes of Udyr, WW, Amumu etc. With his base attack speed lower than before, he cannot jungle efficiently at lower levels. I think my record for completing the jungle once was around 4:30 (maybe this is exaggerating a bit... but it was slowwwwwww) or so.... with what I consider to be near optimal runes... He is simply too slow to compete in the jungle... and he's a much better laner imo.

Basist

09-29-2010

I'd prefer Xin as a laner since paried up with a good support/tank/mage he can utterly demolish that lane.

ZenithZephyr

09-29-2010

Be good enough to make the opponents in your lane feed.

PonyPony56

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
I find Xin Zhao to be an excellent jungler carry. He can gank with a slow, stun, and blink at level 2. He scales with items, and he's durable.
What is the fastest jungle build/route that you have found with xin? I also find him abnormally slow in the jungle, any tips would be great.

PacoTferret

09-29-2010

I think Jungling helps your team out well, the issue is mostly on the enemy jungling.. IT seems not alot of people understand how to counter, it. Every one is to afraid to put pressure on the solo laner or even put pressure on any of the towers in general so the Jungler just gets free Reign of the map..

least that's how it usually plays out with the teams i've been getting