ThanksToTheBay's guide to winning in League of Legends

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThanksToTheBay

09-28-2010

How to win in League of Legends

- 1.) Donít play when you know you have a terrible connection or a computer that runs at 5 frames per second ( this really fails u in team fights)

- 2.) Make sure you have enough time to play a full game. (Iím getting really tired of the my girlfriend wants "lovin" excuse)

- 3.) Donít decide to play a champion in ranked for the first time. (In other words donít pick Karthus just because heís free this week)

- 4.) Make sure you pick what the team needs. (And thatís not Ashe when u already have a Miss Fortune and a Tristana on your team)

- 5.) Play champions how they are meant to be played and know what their abilities do. ( Example: Madreds Alistar and AD Veigar are fun but = fail )

- 6.) Know enemy team summoner spells, especially when tower diving at level 1. (It might look like an easy kill until they flash and you give them first blood)

- 7.) Make sure never to focus the tanks in team fights. ( Although champions like Morty and Cho are big and easy to click on, just resist the urge)

- 8.) Using wards and giving the buffs to people who need them really help you win. ( Annie doesnít really need red buff as much as WW does)

- 9.) Donít freak out on your team for making one mistake and donít trash talk unless youíre good. ( ďScrubĒ calls should only be used if you are truly owning)

- 10.) Donít use your ult to KS a teammate when the enemy is clearly going to die. (Yes Garen, that includes you!)

- 11.) Lastly, play smart and fight with the team when itís actually time to fight. (Going off alone chasing Mundo when youíre team is fighting isnít beneficial)

KPanda

09-28-2010

+1
My only disagreement is with #10 concerning Garen only. I allow it with him only because I get very entertained when i see Garen just pound a 30 HP Yii into the ground with an overkill ult, but only as long as I at least get the assist.

Lukky Ch4rmz

09-28-2010

+1 Epic List, let the masses be told.

SuperStomper

09-28-2010

- 12.) If you get a snowball item, get a sunfire cape. The assists are sick.

PonyPony56

09-28-2010

Ah I love this guide. It should be mandatory for all the feeders to be brainwashed before every game with it!
>:]

SYMB√ĖLIC

09-28-2010

i love it +1

ADyingWren

09-28-2010

Agree definitely with all except 9-11. 9: You really shouldn't be trash talking anyway. I absolutely abhor such people my team or not who demean the other team just because we happened to be playing well.

10. True one shouldn't waste an ult but one should definitely try to give kills to carries. It really isn't that vital if your tank/support gets the extra kill instead of an assist. If the ult is on a low cd then why not I say if it guarantees the kill.

11. Not necessarily. If a team fight is happening around a tower, often a 4v5 will be able to manage if the 4 is with a tower and it isn't late game. So long as your team knows how to avoid bait and plays safe, its a much better proposition for your carry to farm and push.

Montegomery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanksToTheBay View Post
How to win in League of Legends

- 2.) Make sure you have enough time to play a full game. (Iím getting really tired of the my girlfriend wants "lovin" excuse)
That's the excuse people use when their mom is demanding that they take out the trash or do their homework.

Lukky Ch4rmz

09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADyingWren View Post

11. Not necessarily. If a team fight is happening around a tower, often a 4v5 will be able to manage if the 4 is with a tower and it isn't late game. So long as your team knows how to avoid bait and plays safe, its a much better proposition for your carry to farm and push.
I think he is just referring to when people chases someone that is low but has some kind of movement speed escapability all the way across the map while everyone else dies in the real fight.