[Item Idea] Jungle item with active that makes you invisible to sight wards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RobertFrostbolt

10-17-2012

Yes, make a consumable item similar to the smoke of deceit in dota 2, but only for wards

KnightCheckmate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIroki Uzami View Post
We already have plenty of countering in this area. Wards are one of the only ways to protect from ganks. If you can't gank the support or jungle should be counter warding. This is a huge part of being a support. As someone who mains support and knows that the real contribution to your team is winning the ward war I would be terribly upset if all of my counter warding and gold and work was negated buy a single item. Stealth is a mechanic that makes eve and twitch a nasty surprise. Even if it's only from wards giving people with hard cc the ability to just show up in my lane despite playing my position well seems unfair.
Well if you were truly counter warding you should have vision wards which would prevent them from stealthing from the wards anyway. Also you could ward more unique locations. The stealth isn't permanent and if they time it too early or late you'll still catch them on a sight ward. Playing well on the supports part would now include seeing if your opponent has the item and using vision wards appropriately making it completely fair if you are playing your position well.

RoofiedTiger

10-17-2012

OP,
This defeats the purpose of evading wards to gank or getting oracles to clear wards. Imo, that reduces the skill and timing for ganks. It would also make wards unreliable ( in which they should always be reliable because people are willing to use their moneys to buy wards and steer clear from ganks).

KnightCheckmate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoofiedTiger View Post
OP,
This defeats the purpose of evading wards to gank or getting oracles to clear wards. Imo, that reduces the skill and timing for ganks. It would also make wards unreliable ( in which they should always be reliable because people are willing to use their moneys to buy wards and steer clear from ganks).
You make it sound like it will be easy for the jungler to avoid the wards. With a low duration active you would have to time it right to completely avoid a ward. Also it only counters sight wards, and not vision wards. It's also a decision point for the jungler because it will take up an item slot unlike oracles.

There is already a mechanic for this with any champ that has stealth. They can avoid sight wards. What I'm proposing is a temporary stealth for wards only; one that more often then not will not last though the travel of the ward, meaning you will probably catch them as they approach, but they may get a little closer first if you only had a sight ward. It means people will have to adapt to the situation, and if the enemy jungler builds this item, then the support will have to vision ward or be more creative in sight ward placement.

Wards are as reliable as the person who places them. If they can sneak past a ward with this item, then that means they knew a ward was there already, or you had it in a predictable place. It will take a lot of skill for the jungler to successfully stealth your ward