Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do away with the minutes for Co-op games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ursa Superior

10-15-2012

Okay, so I understand that the game centers around PvP, and ranked games and being competitive and such, but to have a mechanic in the game that is obviously in demand, and then limit it, seems absurd.

Sure, Co-op vs AI is easier than PvP. But does that mean that you should only be rewarded for playing for a set amount of time per day? You're still playing the game, many players are still buying skins, and I'm sure quite a few players are also playing normal games.

Personally, I don't play League to compete against other people. I play games to relax and have fun, not get frustrated by the myriad of annoying things present in PvP. To limit my IP gains after a small amount of time every day does nothing but limit the amount of time and attention I give the game, it in no way encourages me to play normal or ranked games.

I propose a return to the system of unlimited IP rewards for Co-op Vs AI, even if it's simply reduced by a small amount compared to PvP games.

Hugh Akston

10-16-2012

Essentially the minutes limit is to prevent players from macro'ing IP for champions or experience for levels.

For obvious reasons one can't macro in PvP games with any real chance of winning, but in co-op it would probably be very easy to make a system that allows one to win every game through a computer program.

Ursa Superior

10-16-2012

Quote:
Hugh Akston:
Essentially the minutes limit is to prevent players from macro'ing IP for champions or experience for levels.

For obvious reasons one can't macro in PvP games with any real chance of winning, but in co-op it would probably be very easy to make a system that allows one to win every game through a computer program.

Mmm, makes sense, but I think in Intermediate it wouldn't be as simple, and there could be a very simple system in place that would root out macro users, with the added benefit of potentially punishing AFKers more easily as well.