The Life of a Jungler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

adc

10-20-2012

"It started off very badly. My Ahri didn’t know how to properly damage the wraiths (her only real mistake during the game) and that left her with two bars of health left."

What? how is that even possible? Rofl.

Anyway, you should keep going. Try not to focus on your teammates - focus on yourself. Rewatch your replays, if need be. Find out where you could improve, try and see if you did anything wrong. Perhaps post the replay and ask a better player you know to take a look at it. No point in saying "Yeah, I can't improve any further." You're 1059 solo queue Elo, according to LolKing. You're certainly nowhere near perfect. I don't say this to be mean, I say this to encourage you to keep analyzing your games and trying to get better.

Also, perhaps try an Ionic Spark? I've heard it tossed around, though from no credible sources.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SentinelOfPain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
"It started off very badly. My Ahri didn’t know how to properly damage the wraiths (her only real mistake during the game) and that left her with two bars of health left."

What? how is that even possible? Rofl.

Anyway, you should keep going. Try not to focus on your teammates - focus on yourself. Rewatch your replays, if need be. Find out where you could improve, try and see if you did anything wrong. Perhaps post the replay and ask a better player you know to take a look at it. No point in saying "Yeah, I can't improve any further." You're 1059 solo queue Elo, according to LolKing. You're certainly nowhere near perfect. I don't say this to be mean, I say this to encourage you to keep analyzing your games and trying to get better.

Also, perhaps try an Ionic Spark? I've heard it tossed around, though from no credible sources.
It was indeed a hilarious moment. Instead of letting me take the damage or simply walking away, she sort of just stood there and started hitting the big wraith while taking all of the damage.

As for my ELO, there are very good reasons for why it is where it is and no, it's not because of ELO Hell as I don't believe it exist.

The bull**** I put up with in games only intensifies in ranked. For the most part in ranked I am forced to play support, if I fight over another lane I only cause conflict or a feed-fest. As a support I can't do much so far as carrying or changing the course of the game.

Secondly, I don't like ranked. I don't feel like grinding my "precious" elo higher and higher just so I have a number telling me I'm better than other people, which is also complete bull****.

The ELO system is modeled after the chess elo system. Let me list the problems with this:

-Chess is a 1v1 game. League is a 5v5 game.

-In chess, you have the same type of resources and pieces. In league you can't even use the same champions in ranked.

-In chess the board is the same. In league there are advantages and disadvantages to playing blue or purple side.

-In chess there is no advantage one side has over the other besides one side moving before the other one. In league you can have counter-picks and summoner spells that can really hurt your chances of winning.

-In chess you have the same number of pieces as your opponent. In league, this isn't always the case. You get people who disconnect all the time.

-In chess, there is hardly a snowball effect, it's more of zone control than anything. In league, if you feed a good player one kill, a competent player two kills, a so-so player three kills, or anything less than that five kills, it's over. You can't zone the enemy adc effectively? Over. You can't compete in farm because you yourself are zoned? Over.

Even if elo actually meant anything, I've played against people with much higher elo than me and I humiliated them. If you want to judge my play style or how I do things in-game, you're going to have to make a valid point or criticism and forget everything you hold so dear about elo. Ever. Because I've personally witnessed an 800 elo player beat a 1700 elo player. According to this system that should be impossible, but there you have it.

I will continue to play and I always ask the people I play with on a regular basis and sometimes the people I play with in random matches what I could do better. You know what I get as a response? The most common answer is nothing.