How popular is Zelos to you lore fans? This is for RIOT too.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

trimyth

10-15-2012

I think there are only a few percent of the people here who want Zelos to be in the game.
Each faction (Noxus, Demacia, etc...) have at least two siblings. I think Zelos would fit right in with Garen, Talon (adopted, yes but still), Draven/Darius, etc...

Once Zelos comes out, I think the big three like Garen, Talon, and Zelos (oh hey, look they all have 5 letters for their names) should have business suit skins.

Grand Viper

10-15-2012

I'm a wanter of Zelos being in the game (Or even a legendary skin for Irelia)

Cerubois

10-15-2012

Zeloooooooooooooooooooos.

I'm in.

Trolosaurus

10-15-2012

Honestly, he's mentioned in like one or two sentences. We know virtually nothing about him.
Could care less about Zelos

Tortferngatr

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trolosaurus View Post
Honestly, he's mentioned in like one or two sentences. We know virtually nothing about him.
Could care less about Zelos
He's the brother of freaking Irelia.

And he's a named character.

Add them together, and the quadratic formula ends up yielding roots (x-Karthus)(x-RIOT PLz)=0.

Need I say more?

ThorRush

10-15-2012

But ... but he's got a sword!

Er, we knew even less about Darius before he showed up and decapitated Keiran. I guess the champ concept forums would have ideas for some kind of kit for Zelos. He's gotta be unique, since Ionia's already got Master Yi as a swordsman. (edit: a liberally speculative reading of Irelia's judgment could give him abilities like Shen / Lee Sin)

If he does show up, I hope he'll bring some kind of plot advancement with him. The reason he's mentioned but not introduced is that something made him disappear during the war with Noxus.

Dirge Farum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

Considering I've been interesting in playing Irelia AND I insta-bought Sejuani because of her lore connection to Ashe, I'd totally love to see Zelos in the game. Though Sibling pairs really need more ingame unique phrases when they play with/against each other.

Lewpaka

10-16-2012

I think adding in Zelos is not only a great idea, but also something that Riot is fully aware of. Zelos, I believe, was a sergeant in the Ionian military. I'm not sure if he's still chillin in Ionia or if he disappeared on a mission to Demacia or something.

Regardless, because of how much love Irelia has, and how much most people look forward to Zelos, that Riot will take their sweet time making/releasing him, and hopefully make him really worth it when he comes out.

I personally see him as being kind of like, (sorry to pull the anime card, but Ionia just lends itself to it), Byakuya Kuchiki from Bleach. A very samurai-esque sense of honor and duty, combined with a lightning-quick fighting style and tons of cherry blossoms.

Arcane Azmadi

10-16-2012

Aren't sibling pairs getting a bit old hat by now? Wouldn't it be more interesting if some champion's parent, child, or lover showed up to join the League instead?

And no I'm not just barracking for "Kog'Maw's Daddy" or "Kassadin's Daughter" again, why not, say, Malzahar's estranged wife, desperate to save her husband from the corruption of the void before Kassadin kills him? Currently the only canon (and fully confirmed) romantic relationships between champions are Ashe/Trynd and TF/Evelynn (and they've already broken up).

trimyth

10-20-2012

bump for Zelos's triumphant return