[Guide] Dr Mundo "I don't think he's a real doctor"

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Norksman

11-27-2009

I've actually started maxing Sadism last. The main reason I use it is for the heal and that doesn't increase with extra levels. Anyone else tried this?

Jothki

11-27-2009

It has so many other uses for which the move speed boost really helps. The cooldown is low enough that you can even use it to run back to the front lines.

Archimond3

11-28-2009

I dont get it, why doesnt anyone suggest maxing out Burning Agony first??? Its dps does not scale with your level and thus is most effective early game. Its just extremely high dps when ur chasing with your ally early game.

My build would be:

1. Agony
2. Cleaver
3. Agony
4. Cleaver
5. Agony
6. Sadism
7. Agony
8. Cleaver
9. Agony
10.Cleaver
11. Sadism
12. Cleaver
13. Maso
14. Maso
15. Maso
16. Sadism
17. Maso
18. Maso

As you wont be using your melee attacks often early game i just dont need to use masochism so i skip it. Instead spam cleaver constantly in lane, farm creeps with agony as soon as u get some good regen (i.e. lvl6). And ofc when u go gank turn on agony and burn that mofo...

Avarion

11-28-2009

Okay, some may regard backdooring as "cheap" (or in any other equally derogatory light) but I've found Mundo to be very good at this thanks to Masochism.

Perhaps you could mention this (I can understand the omission though).

daNNux

11-28-2009

Why dont you use melee attacks?

Watch Dan Dihns video and youll know how to play Mundo. Cleaver + 1-2 hits from Masochism in the beginning really hurts. And taking BA at lvl4 give alot more DPS then a second Masochism = early kills.

Holepuncher

11-28-2009

"Regrowth pendent isn't a good first item"

I'd like an explanation for this if you plz. I always go regrowth first and have been pretty happy with the results. Regrowth allows you to throw cleavers pretty much non-stop, and will be used later for warmogs.

Here's what I usually do:
-Regrowth
-Phage
-Mercury Treads
-Frozen Mallet
-then depending on whether we need tanks or dps, Warmogs or Phantom Dancer

Jothki

11-28-2009

Yeah, I've never felt a need to worry about money with Mundo thanks to his superior farming abilities, and I usually want Warmogs as fast as possible so that I can sustain Burning Agony. Warmogs can pay for itself as well as +gold items do.

WesleyC

11-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimond3
As you wont be using your melee attacks often early game i just dont need to use masochism so i skip it.
I have to admit that this made me laugh! Are you sure we're playing the same game? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avarion
Okay, some may regard backdooring as "cheap" (or in any other equally derogatory light) but I've found Mundo to be very good at this thanks to Masochism.
I agree that Mundo does take down towers well, especially once you've got an Atma's, but in the games I play backdooring never comes up. Almost all my games end with one team winning a team-fight, taking baron and then ending it with a 5 man push.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holepuncher
"Regrowth pendent isn't a good first item" I'd like an explanation for this if you plz.
The problem with regrowth pendant is that when you're at full health (as should be at the start of every gank or team fight after L6 if you use Sadism wisely) it gives you absolutely nothing. Compare the two:

Regrowth pendant - 475G

-14 health/5 seconds.
-The possibility of Warmogs slightly earlier.

Doran's shield - 435G

-130 health.
-9 armor.
-8 health/5 seconds.
-2 health/5 seconds extra (from Adrenaline Rush)
-You can afford a Health Pot too.

So you're trading 130 health, 9 armor and a Health Pot for 4 health/5 seconds which isn't even close. Give it a try and you'll notice the difference.

As an aside, if you watch some videos of higher level games, no-one ever starts with a Regrowth pendent on ANY champion. Getting a cheaper item so you can also afford a couple of pots for a burst of regeneration is too important.

Holepuncher

11-29-2009

Alrighty. Your argument seems reasonable. I'll go give it a try.

Holepuncher

11-29-2009

K just tried it and I'm convinced Doran's is better.

Combined with my runes, Doran's got me up to 875 starting hp, which was nice. Also, the difference between 14hp/sec and a combined 10hp/sec is not that noticeable. And the health pot is nice if your health drops unusually low.

1234567 ... 8