[Guide] Dr Mundo "I don't think he's a real doctor"

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Norksman

11-21-2009

Your guide convinced me to max masochism last and I haven't regretted it.

Also, totally agree on oracles, Mundo is perfect for that. I've found that more and more often I'm getting Starks as my 3rd item (behind doran's shield and warmogs, not counting elixirs). But I guess that's been because I've been on teams almost entirely composed of physical damage dealers.

It's probably worth mentioning that there is a bug with Sadism and Cleaver though. If you pop Sadism it lowers the cooldown on your cleaver. But the cleaver won't actually come out until it normally would. So you'll cast the spell then a second or so later you'll hear the cleaver sound etc. It'll also stop you auto attacking UNTIL the delayed cleaver pops out so if you're fighting dragon or baron, make sure you right click again to start up your auto attack.

WesleyC

11-22-2009

Just ran a quick practice game test, Mundo vs Morgana.

Mercury Treads and Burning Agony do stack. With both up Morgana's snare lasted less than half a second. That confirms what i've noticed in game. However, turning on burning agony AFTER you've been snared didn't change the duration at all.

Crazy Demon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2009

Quote:
Mercury Treads and Burning Agony do stack. With both up Morgana's snare lasted less than half a second. That confirms what i've noticed in game. However, turning on burning agony AFTER you've been snared didn't change the duration at all.
Very helpful to know. I would suggest adding that to your main post

McTapper

11-25-2009

Great guide. I especially like the Mercury treads. Had no idea that they would actually reduce the damage you take from your own burning agony skill. Very similar to Pudge and HoD for those dota heads.

Raises a question for me though. Would a heavily magic resistant Mundo be able to perma spam agony?

WesleyC

11-26-2009

McTapper: That's not what i meant by stack, The life loss from Burning Agony is a cost not damage. However it seems that the % reduced length of crowd control effects stacks from both.

Rokudan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

11-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyC View Post
McTapper: That's not what i meant by stack, The life loss from Burning Agony is a cost not damage. However it seems that the % reduced length of crowd control effects stacks from both.
It does stack, and additively. So with burning agony up and merc treads there is really only one thing that can stop you: knock-ups. These god awful things ignore the resist and are un-cleansable.

Guide looks nice though, tips are solid, but I still encourage you to include the alternative mundo:

Max cleaver/masochism first, maybe one rank in burning agony for the reduction, otherwise leave it alone.

Start off with doran's shield as usual, but then rush starks fervor asap. After that get a bloodrazor if other team is tanky, or a bloodthirster / infin edge if not. Follow this up with a green pot and lizard buffs and you will crunch people like no other. With just starks and early game you will be headbutting people for 600 damage. Should at least try it. At the very least, it's a blast to play haha.

WesleyC

11-26-2009

**Updated to include sections for Runes/Masteries/Countering Mundo/Undesirable Allies and some other small changes.

Roku: I've tried building DPS Mundo a couple of times, but only in games that were already pretty much already over. I'll have to give it another go in a close game.

Sneakynachos

11-27-2009

I find the easiest way to player kill with mundo early game, is to get cleaver and sadism until lvl 6, and don't bother with burning agony until lvl 8. I also stack quite a bit of health regen early game, because the odds of a enemy character having that much burst early game would just be outrageous.

daNNux

11-27-2009

Id recomend to take 1 level of burning agony at lvl4.

The added DPS at such low level makes a huge difference and is really good when chasing low HP enemies.

Perhaps upgrade BA again at ~lvl10. Then max out masochism.

Jothki

11-27-2009

I usually avoid Burning Agony unless I've already purchased a Warmogs or the other side has trouble putting pressure on me. An early rank can't hurt, though, Mundo isn't that dependent on building up his abilities.

123456 ... 8