Is Dr. Mundo a tank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azghyn Nite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2010

I honestly believe that he is dps but my friends are like he's a tank get warmog's and force of nature. Suggest a build for your side.

Carados

04-19-2010

He's a "tank" in that he can take massive amounts of damage.

However, tanks are worthless, and he isn't a good initiator or a disabler, so there is no reason to play him like you would traditionally play a "tank."

KeitMacheen

04-19-2010

He is a hybrid. Mostly he is a high survivability melee DPS. Depending on the organization level of my team, I sometimes build tank for the purpose of brush diving and baiting into my team. Mundo lacks the CC to be a solid tank. The Cleaver slow is good for chase down, but not good enough to make Mundo an exclusive tank.

EatingBurger

04-19-2010

I ran a thread that discussed that issue recently. He is not a tank, as he has no CCs, and does not have a large damage output if built as a tank. Therefore he can simply be ignored in a fight and left for last.

How I build my mundo:

Spirit Visage, Starks, Swiftness. Cleanse/ghost.

Control dragon, clear own/enemy jungle whenever possible.

You can escape from pratically any gank with cleanse and ult or ghost up, meaning that you can pretty much push a lane up to a turret before having to change lanes.

With ult up, you can just sit at a turret and wail at it for a bit if there's only one defender, even without item-HP.

You should never bluepill except to shop. If you're too low to push, jungle until ult's back.

Never initiate a teamfight, try to split the group up whenever possible by constantly pushing, then gank/tenderize them in the jungle when they're switching lanes. When teamfights do happen, always cleanse/ult out when you hit about 50% hp, then just back in when you're at 75%.

Choudenjibou

04-19-2010

Mundo is what is pleases!

Bladee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2010

his passive is the reason he isnt a tank

Teabag Terror

04-19-2010

Mundo is a DPS that isn't squishy.

You could make him into a tank if you REALLY wanted to, but in that case, I would honestly suggest picking a real tank instead...

Azghyn Nite

04-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choudenjibou View Post
Mundo is what is pleases!
I'll go with this xD

AFKray

04-19-2010

Yeah, he's basically what I call as an "off tank". He has enough survivability to take punishment, but also has the damage output and snare to be threatening enough to warrant being the "second" target.

Yellow Jester

04-19-2010

Well he's pretty versatile, I generally play him more aggressively than I would consider a traditional "tank." He can end up carrying the team with his ridiculous damage output and survivability.

I generally use him as a pusher, because Masochism kills towers.