Characters that need looking at.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kamahl

07-31-2009

Judicator's early game nuke I agree is OP yeah laning against Judicator as a ranged character sucks being pushed by a melee, but think of other melee heroes having to put up with the same harassment.. Harsh. I dont think its terribly strong, I would just like to see it reach its full potentional more slowly.. Better scaling, vrs the high damage it seems to do right off the bat. I agree it seems to even out end game though.

She may not be a great hero killer, but its damn hard to kill her, that shield + slow makes it hard to really keep up with her, plus she has decent movement speed, and a heal. She isnt the toughest tank, because her hp is a bit lower, but she has a heal that helps keep her in the lane forever..

Sobepome

07-31-2009

So I was playing that game with Talrose with the really good Soraka. I never remember seeing Soraka heal for 2k itself, I personally think he popped heal when she did or something. But the case was the Soraka was so good she literally was carrying the team on her back. I wish I could play a Soraka that well, but the point still kind of stands that she really is a VERY good healer, maybe too good. I wouldn't mind seeing her with a little less healing and a little more offensive power.

Ryze is a very powerful character, in terms of pure damage. I honestly don't see him as being too powerful, but he's too easy to be extremely powerful with. IMO (for what it's worth) either nerf his damage and buff his survivability so he's more of a beginner character, or make it so he's able to put out as much damage, just that it requires much more skill to pull off. Prison + ult = dead in most situations, when I tried him out, and there's no skill involved in two clicks.

Twisted fate's card seems to do a LOT of damage in the early stages, and it's well-nigh spammable. I don't mind it dealing a lot of damage, but in the early game it's somewhat a problem because most heroes are fairly slow in the beginning, so it's more a matter of luck to dodge than a matter of skill. Maybe slowing his cards down and speeding them up for higher ranks would be useful, because if it's dodgeable, it's not imba at all. In most games I can manage to dodge them early game for the most part, but it's a lot of luck, almost more than skill.

Also, off-topic, but in the games I've played so far, I've only ever seen one other Tristana. Is she just that unpopular? Or am I just not lucky enough to play against others who play her a lot and learn a trick or two from them.

Aegy

07-31-2009

I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I don't think people should base their opinions solely on solo queue'd games. You should try to get some premades going and understand how a hero stands up to another hero in organized play. Hop on the beta ventrilo and get in some. Ryze is a very good and easy character, but if you just have some coordination with your team, you'll realize what a glass cannon he is, and now much less important he comes in mid-late-game. Twisted Fate is op early-game, but he is getting a nerf. Also, Soraka is really good suppport and especially good with a partner for early-lane control, but that's about it methinks.

Valkyrie

07-31-2009

Sobepome, i guess your just unlucky =O

I've played TwistedFate a lot and I am gonna say that he is a bit imba. The wildcards would be so annoying that the player facing TF would literally pull out his hair because you can't farm really good early game, range and melee alike.

Judicator is more of an escape artist rather than a tank. Her nuke isnt really that great if she gets faced with a decent nuker too.

One of the very annoying Champs I've faced is possibly Eve. Off Topic though.
But I really think that she is the most imba assassin in the game. =O

NefariousRaven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

07-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talrose View Post
A few things. I'm going to point out things that are out of balance. I wont be using the dreaded "OP" but instead the more easily accepted "imba".

Ryze: His ultimate is too strong. I've fought against a Ryze (who was at level 6) who hit me with his ultimate and took me from 1000~ health to dead, no time flat. That is imba. No real skilled involved other than staying close enough for it to bounce for a second or two. This doesn't change for late game. Level 18 with over 3k hp and I'm dead in seconds, full to 0.
Ryze is one of, if not THE lowest base hp and armour character in the game. He's a glass cannon. As someone already put it, silence, stun or any disable on him and he's "paper". He needs that much damage or he'd be useless.

Quote:
Judicator: Her first ability (Redemption?) is imba. Either it deals too much damage or it should have a longer delay between casts. The fact that a melee character can keep ranged characters away is just wrong. It's a good skill late game (because it falls into balance) but early game... it's just too strong.
It's called reckoning... and I'm not sure what you are talking about too much damage, it barely does any damage it all unless you've JUST killed someone, at which point it is supposed to do more damage, she's an angel, she's avenging a fallen comrad. If your opponent has any regen at all, spamming reckonning is retarded because you'll run out of mana and do nothing to them. Reckoning is a utility spell and nothing more.

Quote:
Soraka: She's a great character for support, and early game she's really useful, but her late game heal can get ridiculous. While fighting someone several screen spans away from her, I've finally brought them down to low health and am about to administer the finishing blow after a grueling fight when she suddenly gives them OVER 2000 HEALTH and they proceed to finish me off instead. 2000? That's a bit much, especially if she doesn't even have to be anywhere close to her healing target. [Edit: Compare this to Chen from dota]
As someone already said again, it isn't 2000. And she's support, that's what she does, if you are fighting someone 1 on 1 with a sokara on their team you are making a poor decision and deserve to die (unless there's a Sokara on your team too :P). In team fights, she can carry a team, absolutely, but that's what she is there for, to heal others so they can kill you. A coordinated, experienced team however would know just to disable and kill her first quickly in a team fight because she is almost as paperish as Ryze is. Then it's a 5v4 fight.

Quote:
Twisted Fate: His card throwing is a great skill in the end game, but with his ability to spam it and the amount of damage it deals early game--and considering its range--it is imba with early gameplay.
Personally, I think CM's Q ability is dumb in every way.... not because it is imba or OP however, it is so rediculously easy to dodge if you know it's coming. The problem I have with it is that it doesn't fit in with the rest of his abilities being the only AP one and with the map control he already possesses he can unfairly push nearly every lane by himself while your team is busy with whatever. It needs to be changed, I've made a million suggestions on here on what to change CM to as have others, but Riot doesn't seem to want to get rid of the card throw *Shrug*

Quote:
These are all things I've noticed from watching other people play, and from playing on some of the champions myself. The number of games I've played where Ryze was on at least one of the teams = 100% of them. And Judicator and Twisted Fate aren't far behind that. It's nice to see the occasional Soraka, but when one is so good that she can carry her entire team on her back, it's just not right (though props to the people who play her so well).
Ryzes I see in like 20% of my games. Judicator I barely see, even though I love her and so many people claim she's "lamesauce". Twisted fate I see in 99% of my games, just cause noobies around the world want to copy that epic "AP card throw build" they've seen so many others do. Sokara I don't see that often, unless Rebirth or WALES are in the game, then it's 100% :P. She is definitely a pita.... without a coordinated team beating a team with Sokara (especially with Sok/Minotaur) is pretty much impossible unless everyone on the other team fails epicly. I mean, I've played Sokara before and damn near carried the team... but my team couldn't finish the game off unfortunately, was still fun pissing people off with her ult though :P

Razzle Dazzle

Adjudicator

07-31-2009

Ryze could be toned down some, his ult is really strong
Judicator is underpowered and can only be mediocre at best (from what I've seen) if anything she needs a buff! Her slow isint even that good..
You say to compare Soraka to Chen from dota? They are both different games! In LoL characters have alot more health then in dota making it impossible to compare with a fair outcome! I don't know if shes imbalenced... Havent seen much of her
How hard is it to dodge his cards? Seriously...

Somnambulist

07-31-2009

judicator is not underpowered. shes one of the heroes i think is perfectly balanced, shes just easy to counter with certain heroes. That being said she completely owns other heroes, like the completely imba twitch. Put an oracle potion on her and she will end twitches life.

Roburn

08-01-2009

When Ryze is on the other team, I usually make sure to stack some HP items in my build. As long as you are middle of the pack or better in terms of durability, you can survive his burst and than he's cake. Also, make sure to call out when he uses his Ult so your teammates know they have a window to take him down easily. He can pack a punch, but that's it. A single punch.

If it's really frustrating, I have fun sometimes just playing Sion and stacking HP and taunting the assassins (Ryze, Evelynn, Twitch) to attack me. You can see in their playstyle their frustration at not being able to burst down 4k hp.

YummyCheese

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-01-2009

Ryze: I agree he needs a bit of a REBALANCE. Not a nerf, per se, but rather just an ultimate nerf and a buff to Overload.

Judicator: I don't feel this way about her.

Haven't played enough with/against the other heroes recently to get a serious opinion.

pandamine

Adjudicator

08-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronyaur View Post
I'm 95% sure Soraka's ult doesn't heal for near 2000. I've played her twice (with good AP), to max level, and I think at level 3 the ult does 550ish base? That might be level 2, but level 3 is definitely nowhere near 2000 even with high AP.

Making suggestions for balance would be better done with facts, and not exaggerated accounts from when you lost to an ability. I don't mean offense, I think we all tend to exaggerate when we're on the receiving end. I know for me that Fiddle's fear is WAY longer when it's being used on me than when I'm using it on someone else.

It might also be useful to point out that Soraka has very little offensive power, so naturally she has to be kind of good at support to even be worthwhile.
Soraka's ultimate can heal for 2k easily since on level 3 it has a 2 ability ratio scaling