Characters that need looking at.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talrose

07-31-2009

A few things. I'm going to point out things that are out of balance. I wont be using the dreaded "OP" but instead the more easily accepted "imba".

Ryze: His ultimate is too strong. I've fought against a Ryze (who was at level 6) who hit me with his ultimate and took me from 1000~ health to dead, no time flat. That is imba. No real skilled involved other than staying close enough for it to bounce for a second or two. This doesn't change for late game. Level 18 with over 3k hp and I'm dead in seconds, full to 0.

Judicator: Her first ability (Redemption?) is imba. Either it deals too much damage or it should have a longer delay between casts. The fact that a melee character can keep ranged characters away is just wrong. It's a good skill late game (because it falls into balance) but early game... it's just too strong.

Soraka: She's a great character for support, and early game she's really useful, but her late game heal can get ridiculous. While fighting someone several screen spans away from her, I've finally brought them down to low health and am about to administer the finishing blow after a grueling fight when she suddenly gives them OVER 2000 HEALTH and they proceed to finish me off instead. 2000? That's a bit much, especially if she doesn't even have to be anywhere close to her healing target. [Edit: Compare this to Chen from dota]

Twisted Fate: His card throwing is a great skill in the end game, but with his ability to spam it and the amount of damage it deals early game--and considering its range--it is imba with early gameplay.

These are all things I've noticed from watching other people play, and from playing on some of the champions myself. The number of games I've played where Ryze was on at least one of the teams = 100% of them. And Judicator and Twisted Fate aren't far behind that. It's nice to see the occasional Soraka, but when one is so good that she can carry her entire team on her back, it's just not right (though props to the people who play her so well).

JayceJa

07-31-2009

ryze is a 1v1 caster, if you try to take him 1v1, he is MEANT to kill you that fast, but with any kind of silencing disable, or will allies, he is paper

it just happens that he is one of the easier champions to play(which is needed for some champions to be easy), but he ALSO happens to be a noob killer, easily ripping apart less organized and teamworking players

redemption i haven't really noticed to be too strong, but i haven't played much against judi, so i cant really comment

sokara's healing isn't that bad, i've always found that its her early game lane supporting that is more annoying than her late game healing, but a little nerf to the heal with a little buff to her offense could balance her a little more

haven't played against fates since last weekend when his skill was changed since i didn't get on much that weekend, so how exactly was it changed by being point targeted, they were quite easy to dodge before, especially closer to the end of the range, but if it was changed to be harder to dodge, then it could be better

cwatz

Adjudicator

07-31-2009

I dont see a problem with a melee character being able to out harass a ranged one if that ever is the case. The ability has quite a respectable cd and is her ONLY form of damage if her ulti isnt up. The spellpower judy seemed to take a decent hit this patch so while the jury is still out on that, I really dont feel she is op'd atm. If anything id like to see the rest of her abilities ironed out a bit to make a more well rounded package.

Ryze is not op'd. He excels when teams fight in close together or in 1v1 sort of situations. You need to have awareness to stay away from him when his ulti is up and not to group close together, much like dealing with chain frost in dota. Even if you look at endgame teamfights, he can blow his load and take out 1 person quick, but then is insanely easy to take out himself with all of his spells on cd. It works out to a 1-1 trade with him killing your teammate a bit faster. He is a god awful farmer and isn't very useful outside of his ulti.

I haven't seen a ton of soraka action, but its more early game where she seems stupid. My opinion isnt really valid though because I dont have much experience with this.

Twisted fate is certainly an extremely strong character atm. Like soraka I have only seen a few cases of his spellpower, card spamming build so I cannot accurately comment on the strength of it.

Lollerman

07-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talrose View Post
she suddenly gives them OVER 2000 HEALTH and they proceed to finish me off instead. 2000?
2000 health? Unless she heals for a flat rate of 1000, and her AP scaling is something like 1:10, 2000 is a bit much don't you think? I want to hear someone else confirm this: I've played Soraka, but I don't recall her ult to be this far broken...

Cloud Strife

07-31-2009

Soraka and Fate together is just ridiculous to stop a push when they decide to run it with their other 3 allies. Seriously just need to make her cool down for Soraka longer and decrease the range on Fate so he can be targeted easier. Having 5 random stranger is not going to stop this combo easily or most of the time I have played against them is a zero chance stoping this combo.

Zeta

07-31-2009

Quote:
Judicator: Her first ability (Redemption?) is imba. Either it deals too much damage or it should have a longer delay between casts. The fact that a melee character can keep ranged characters away is just wrong. It's a good skill late game (because it falls into balance) but early game... it's just too strong.
Reckoning. And Judicator is underpowered, or would be if not for Reckoning. Her invulnerability shield doesn't protect her against status effects like slows or stuns and lasts too short, making it effectively useless. Her heal over time isn't that effective in most situations. The range on her Ultimate is fairly low, and it's just not very useful. She needs to be able to tank more effectively. As it is, the only good Judicator build is whoring out AP - which is cheap, but the character is lacking in every other way instead of being well-rounded like she was intended.

Talrose

07-31-2009

I'm glad that I see useful feedback, since I don't often when beta testing games (or just playing them) and balance becomes an issue.

Ryze absolutely destroys just about anyone in 1v1, easily. This shouldn't be the case. I understand that there needs to be easy classes to play, but not classes that just completely overpower most opponents at the expense of little to no skill (trap + ultimate = instant destruction). Someone like Judicator would have to gradually wear down Ryze and hope that the player controlling him NEVER hit her with his stun, or it's gameover. Trap then ultimate, ko. I thought it was a fight, not a one-hit match. And that's against someone who is actually designed to take hits.

As for Soraka, it happened twice in the same match. I think her ability power was over 250 by that point.

As for Judicator's underpowered status, that's just not true. Against some champions, she doesn't add up too well, but I've had her invulnerability on a 17 second CD (it lasts 4 seconds so it feels more like a 13 second CD) and just that skill alone can help me solo a tower--late game--or negate another champion's ultimate ability (which has been a saving grace against Ryze's). She's not meant to kill other champions, but to help kill them. She can, though, with her ultimate ability and the extra speed she gets. I don't think she's underpowered, especially if you build her for speed and crits, but I know that Reckoning (thanks for that) hits too hard at first. Early game it is imba, but late game it is just right.

Rellentless

07-31-2009

If fate's range is nerfed, which I think would really lower the uniqueness value of him, then they need to increase card move speed along with it.

Xrystus

07-31-2009

@Rellentless you need to look at the other discussion threads about CM.

@Talrose though im not saying anything to be rude, its often known as fact that people think that when a person uses a hero well AGAINST you, it needs to be nerfed, and when you use the hero and you dont do well with it, it needs to be buffed. I am not saying that is your situation, but im implying that you should go and pick these heroes and attempt to be just as powerful as the ones youve seen playing. i normally have high respects for heroes especially after i play them and understand their mechanics a little more.

I'm going to have to agree on CM though, hes OP enough to have 2-3 discussion threads about him and many balancing ideas are being thought up. I understand some people dont wish to see him nerfed, but things will end up being majority rules first, then in the end, the creators will be the ones to decide.

Bronyaur

07-31-2009

I'm 95% sure Soraka's ult doesn't heal for near 2000. I've played her twice (with good AP), to max level, and I think at level 3 the ult does 550ish base? That might be level 2, but level 3 is definitely nowhere near 2000 even with high AP.

Making suggestions for balance would be better done with facts, and not exaggerated accounts from when you lost to an ability. I don't mean offense, I think we all tend to exaggerate when we're on the receiving end. I know for me that Fiddle's fear is WAY longer when it's being used on me than when I'm using it on someone else.

It might also be useful to point out that Soraka has very little offensive power, so naturally she has to be kind of good at support to even be worthwhile.