War Janna Skin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tempestphile

10-15-2012

I guess it's not for Dominion players?

Ikruti

10-15-2012

There was a whole thread for this. No, we will not be able to earn the War Hero Janna skin via Dominion despite our numerous requests for Ranked so that we may EARN (not be handed for free) it.

Riot unfortunately has been silent on the issue as to why, but my guess is they'll say something along the lines of, "Well, unfortunately we could not release Ranked Dominion and it really wouldn't be fair to those who earned it in Ranked SR/TT."

Now, does it matter that most of us would rather scoop out our eyeballs with rusty spoons than play SR? To Riot, not really. I'm sure they'll pull up some statistic on how many of us play Dominion and also play SR and say that those of us who play Dominion exclusively are in the minority. So....yeah. Long story short (too late), no skin for us.

NamKim

10-15-2012

Like Ikruti said, since Dominion lacks a ranked mode, we cannot earn the War Hero Janna skin. Granted that I probably wouldn't have gotten the rank to get it in Dominion anyways. Also, there's that issue with a smaller population, less time to earn a proper elo, Dominion Ranked is probably the same OP champs each game.

But by that logic, there shouldn't even be a Twisted Treeline ranked...so, yeah, I'm confused too...

DiscworldDeath

10-15-2012

I went and got mine on TT. Abuse OP champions. I spammed Jayce for my early games, then Morgana. Hit some bumps, but it's pretty abusable, as a map.

Sure, would be nice to get it for Dominion, but it's not that hard, on TT.

deathTOeXistenZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
I went and got mine on TT. Abuse OP champions. I spammed Jayce for my early games, then Morgana. Hit some bumps, but it's pretty abusable, as a map.

Sure, would be nice to get it for Dominion, but it's not that hard, on TT.
TT is so boring.

HaIfhearted

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathTOeXistenZ View Post
TT is so boring.
Yeah, both TT and SR are boring as ****, but I wanted to save 1350 IP on Janna, so I sucked it up and played ranked 3's until we got gold.

At least its easy. Just abuse OP champions.

DiscworldDeath

10-15-2012

LOL, you did it for the 1,350 IP? I just wanted my shiny badge and limited skin. You can tell I collect anime figures :3

Would have been nice to have a plat badge, for the forum badge, but I just couldn't be bothered. I actually liked TT some as a change of pace, even if it's so snowbally.
And it made me happy to play some AP Champs I like which I don't really play on Dominion, like Morgana.

Honestly, a TT/SR game every so often just to play these champs I like might be in order sometimes.