Evelynn really isn't OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gorsz

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonVadim View Post
So can ahri, leblanc, annie and basically every burst caster. Thats the point of burst you know - to instagib squishy target.
Also having much health != being tanky. That's why you build resists.
Why do people compare visible mage/assassins to invisible mage/assassins?

I can see ahri, leblanc, annie and basically every burst caster.

I cannot see eve until shes within 700 range, i cannot also see eve until shes already dfg+ulted me.

EisenPower

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Ray Jmoarkidz View Post
Her burst is ranged. By the time you see her you will be half health or dead. She is not melee she is ranged so just because you see her doesn't mean she won't dfg+ult combo you down. A pink ward is not enough because she had a speed boost + ranged combo.
I lol'd

That's exactly how I countered her last game, only took two vision wards. Totally shut down her roam early game and had a good counter mid lane to her.

Easy peasy.

Then again I wouldn't expect solo queue to figure that out. She may be a tad OP with the DFG + Ult combo, but she's really easily stunned/rooted and bursted down on the backside of that.

Just like any assassin, you can't let her be the one to get the jump, and there's cheap tools out there to avoid that situation.

Xyltin

10-15-2012

A small thing about win ration.

A team should have a 50% win chance.
Every role gives a 10% win chance of that 50%.

Now when a champ has a 60% win ratio, that means he nearly shuts down his own lose % and means he only loses cause of his other 4 players.
A 40% win ratio means a champ actually never wins for himself, but gets nearly always carried.

That's why you will nearly never see champs with more than 60% or less than 40% win ratios.
If that happens, the champ is so good that he can early win more than one lane at a time or that bad that he feeds his lane so hard that his enemy can win more than one lane alone.

The numbers are not 100% correct, cause some role contribute a bit more to that 50% team win chance than other roles (but only numbers like 0.5% or may 1% off). Also counters and team compositions are important there if you look at one game, but we are looking into thousands of games (56k) what makes these things pretty equal and ignoreable.

Now Eve has a 56% win ratio (last week).
That means she contributes 16% instead of only 10% to the teams win chance (7.5-12.5% would be still ok and balanced - 47.5-52.5% win chance)

That makes her actually pretty OP.
She alone makes a difference of 12% for the outcome of the game.
Even when i take away the 2.5% that tolerance (5% of the 12%) she still has that 13.5% (7%), making her still pretty broken.

Xyltin

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EisenPower View Post
I lol'd

That's exactly how I countered her last game, only took two vision wards. Totally shut down her roam early game and had a good counter mid lane to her.

Easy peasy.

Then again I wouldn't expect solo queue to figure that out. She may be a tad OP with the DFG + Ult combo, but she's really easily stunned/rooted and bursted down on the backside of that.

Just like any assassin, you can't let her be the one to get the jump, and there's cheap tools out there to avoid that situation.
You mean the game where you played support nunu (2 g/10 items after 25 min and nothing else) and Eve was a jungle Eve with Wriggles only, after 25 min?
Yeah, sure that says anything about AP eve.